Camp Helen State Park Provides Escorted History Tour
The Friends Of Camp Helen provide escorted History tours of Camp Helen State Park on the first Saturday of each month starting at 10:00 am. Tour generally includes:
- Early settlements on the point of land at Camp Helen
- The purchase of the grounds by Mr. & Mrs. Hicks and the building of the Hicks House
- Erection of the cottages (and store) Mrs. Hicks built for income during the depression
- The purchase of the property by Avondale Mills
- Use of the property by Avondale Mills as an Employee Recreation Camp
- Becoming a State Park
• Must have the ability to follow visual and/or verbal instruction independently or with the assistance of a companion.
• Must have the ability to withstand exposure to the outdoors for a period of 1- 2 hours.
• Must have the ability to traverse wet, sloped, and uneven terrain for .5 -1 miles, independently or with the assistance of a companion.
Fees: The tour is free with paid park admission fee of $4.00 per vehicle.
At a Glance
Want More Events?