Explore The Outdoors Festival
The 7th annual Explore The Outdoors Festival kicks off Saturday, Oct. 15 from 10 am – 2 pm at the beautiful waterfront location of Live Oak Landing in Freeport. This fun-filled day is geared towards introducing children to the wonders of exploring nature and the outdoor experience. Hands on activities include fishing, kayaking, archery, wildlife encounters, interactive educational exhibits, nature-based crafts, giveaways and more. Hosted by Walton Outdoors, the Explore the Outdoors Festival is free and open to the public. Water activities are geared for children six-years-old and up. Food vendors will be on hand.
Activities and exhibits include:
• Fishing on Black Creek
• FISH FLORIDA fishing rod/reel giveaways
• Freshwater fishing education with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
• Kayaking with Florida Youth Conservation Centers Network
• Emerald Coast Hydrobike cruises
• Archery with Freeport Parks and Recreation
• Boating with Wounded Warrior Fishing
• Birding with the Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
• Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission wildlife exhibit
• Topsail Hill Preserve State Park exhibit
• Ponce De Leon Springs State Park
• Eden Gardens/Camp Helen State Park
• Northwest Florida Astronomy club
• Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance touch tank
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Falling Waters State Park snake exhibit
• Washington County exhibit
• Florida Public Archaeology Network
• Emerald Coast Science Center
• Friends of South Walton Sea Turtles
• Office Snook water pollution exhibit
• Freeport Town Planters Society crafts
• Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge exhibit
• Mattie Kelly Environmental Institute exhibit
• Glendale Memorial Nature Preserve exhibit
Walton Outdoors is an online source for outdoor adventure in Walton County and northwest Florida. The mission is to share great spaces to explore the outdoors, and to educate our readers on the wonders of nature.
Live Oak Landing is located in Freeport within minutes of the Emerald Coast beaches, just north of the 331 bridge. Take your ideal natural environment and mix it with your favorite hotel experience, and you have Live Oak Landing - an RVC Outdoor Destination. rvcoutdoors.com/live-oak-landing.
Map of this Event
At a Glance
Want More Events?