Explore The Outdoors Festival
The 8th annual Explore The Outdoors Festival kicks off Saturday, Oct. 14 from 10 am – 2 pm at the beautiful waterfront location of Live Oak Landing in Freeport. It's a fun fall adventure for all ages!
The Outdoors Festival is a fun-filled day introducing children to the wonders of exploring nature and the outdoor experience. Hands on activities will include fishing, hydrobiking, kayaking, wildlife, archery, interactive educational exhibits, giveaways and much more. The water activities are geared for children six-years-old and up. Food will be available for purchase from Black Creek Café.
Activities and exhibits include:
• Learn to fish on Black Creek
• FISH FLORIDA fishing rod/reel giveaways
• Freshwater fishing education with Florida Fish and Wildlife
• Emerald Coast Hydrobike cruises
• Archery with Freeport Parks and Recreation
• Boating with Wounded Warrior Fishing
• Boating with Backwater Tours
• Birding with the Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
• Wildlife exhibit with Florida Fish and Wildlife
• Florida State Park exhibits
• Northwest Florida Astronomy Club
• Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance touch tank
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Florida Sea Grant exhibit
• Freeport Town Planters Society crafts
• Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge exhibit
• Butterfly exhibit
• Beekeeping exhibit
• Walton County Master Gardeners activity
• Glendale Memorial Nature Preserve
• Navarre Beach Marine Science exhibit
• Nonie’s Ark Animal Encounters
• Snake exhibit
Thanks to our wonderful sponsors: Gulf Coast Insulation, FISH FLORIDA, Freeport Town Planters Society, C.W. Roberts, Copeland’s Gun and Tackle, and Ace Hardware DeFuniak Springs.
Walton Outdoors is the online source for outdoor adventure in Walton County and northwest Florida. Our mission is to share great spaces to explore the outdoors, and to educate our readers on the wonders of nature. For more information, go to www.waltonoutdoors.com/explorefest or call (850) 267-2064.
Live Oak Landing is located in Freeport within minutes of the Emerald Coast beaches, just north of the 331 bridge. Take your ideal natural environment and mix it with your favorite hotel experience, and you have Live Oak Landing - an RVC Outdoor Destination. rvcoutdoors.com/live-oak-landing.
Map of this Event
At a Glance
Want More Events?