Explore The Outdoors Festival
The 10th annual Explore The Outdoors Festival kicks off Saturday, October 19 from 10 am til 2 pm at the beautiful waterfront location of Live Oak Landing in Freeport, Florida. It's a fun fall adventure for all ages!
The Outdoors Festival is a fun-filled day introducing children to the wonders of exploring nature and the outdoor experience. Hands on activities will include fishing, kayaking, boating, wildlife, archery, interactive educational exhibits, giveaways and much more. The event is free for all ages. Water activities are geared for children six-years-old and up. Food and drink available for purchase. Enjoy live music by Allen Rayfield with a side order of Catfish on the saw.
Activities and exhibits include:
• Learn to fish on Black Creek with the pros
• Florida Fish and Wildlife fresh water fishing exhibit
• FISH FLORIDA fishing rod/reel giveaways
• Freshwater fishing education with Florida Fish and Wildlife
• Emerald Coast Hydrobike cruises
• Boating with Wounded Warrior Fishing
• Boating with Backwater Tours
• Birding with the Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
• Wildlife exhibit with Florida Fish and Wildlife
• Ponce De Leon Springs State Park exhibit
• Topsail Hill Preserve State Park exhibit
• Eden Gardens State Park exhibit
• Rocky Bayou State Park exhibit
• Northwest Florida Astronomy Club stargazing
• Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance touch tank
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Florida Sea Grant exhibit
• Freeport Town Planters Society crafts
• Beekeeping exhibit with Jeff Chesser
• Walton County Master Gardeners activity
• Crafts with Glendale Memorial Nature Preserve
• Nonie’s Ark Animal Encounters
• Florida Public Archaeology exhibit
• Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge exhibit
• Americorps exhibit
• Food available from City Streets Food Truck
Sponsors: Gulf Coast Insulation, FISH FLORIDA, C.W. Roberts, Freeport Town Planters, Copeland’s Gun and Tackle, and many volunteers.
Walton Outdoors is the online source for outdoor adventure in Walton County and northwest Florida. Our mission is to share great spaces to explore the outdoors, and to educate our readers on the wonders of nature.
For more information call (850) 267-2064 or go to waltonoutdoors.com/explorefest.
Live Oak Landing is located in Freeport within minutes of the Emerald Coast beaches, just north of the 331 bridge. Take your ideal natural environment and mix it with your favorite hotel experience, and you have Live Oak Landing - an RVC Outdoor Destination. rvcoutdoors.com/live-oak-landing.
Map of this Event
At a Glance
Want More Events?