Panhandle Outdoors LIVE - Saltwater Marshes of St. Andrews Bay
St. Andrews Bay is one of the most fragile coastal estuaries in America, with over 2900 species. For more information on this area visit St. Andrews Saltwater Marshes.
Full Schedule of Field Excursions:
- Aucilla River Sinks (Jefferson County) / March 15
- The Great Florida Wildlife Trail (Calhoun County) / March 28
- Pitcher Plants & Weeks Bay (Baldwin County, Alabama) / April 2
- Coastal Dune Lakes (Walton County, Florida) / May 8
- Yellow River & Boiling Creek (Santa Rosa County) / June 6
- Saltwater Marshes of St. Andrews Bay (Bay County) / August 15
- Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve (Franklin County) / Sept. 24
- Blackwater River State Forest (Santa Rosa County) / Oct. 3
- Seagrasses & Manatees of Apalachee Bay (Wakulla County) / Nov. 15
Registration is available at http://panhandleoutdoorslive2013.eventbrite.com, and space is limited, so register early! Necessary equipment and clothing will vary based on weather and location, but participants should bring sturdy shoes, drinking water, sunscreen, and a camera to each trip. Transportation to each location will be facilitated by carpooling, and some counties may be able to provide transportation.
At a Glance
Want More Events?