Relay for Life of South Walton
WHAT IS A RELAY FOR LIFE EVENT?
- Organized, overnight community fundraising walk
- Teams of people camp out around a track
- Members of each team take turns walking around the track
- Food, games and activities provide entertainment and build camaraderie
- Family friendly environment for the entire community
Because it’s a team event, individual participants are not required to be there the entire time. But it’s so much fun you’ll find it hard to leave.
CANCER SURVIVORS & CAREGIVERS
There are many ways cancer survivors can participate in the RELAY for LIFE event:
- You can enjoy the cancer survivor reception with a friend or family member
- Join fellow cancer survivors & caregivers in the opening lap of the event
- Participate on a team with friends and family members
- Share your commitment to fighting cancer and join your local relay for life steering committee
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A TEAM?
- Go on-line to www.relayforlife.org/southwaltonfl and register as a new team
- It takes $100 to form a team
- A team consists of cancer survivors, friends, family, co-workers, church members, civic organizations, etc., etc. etc.- Meaning anyone can form a team
- Begin easy methods of fundraising to provide much needed dollars to help us find a cure for cancer.
Whether or not you decide to form a team, please come out at 6:00 pm and help cheer on the Survivors in the opening ceremony, stay for the Luminaria Ceremony at 9:00 and help Celebrate the American Cancer Society's 100th Birthday! Teams will be selling food items, there will be silent auctions, music, games and fun for the whole family! Be part of a Community that FINISHES THE FIGHT AGAINST CANCER! "
At a Glance
Want More Events?