Seaside Institute Design Course - Get Your House Right
Why do some homes feel better and live larger than others homes? Why do some homes hold value better than others? This course will not only explore the answer to these questions, but explain how you can apply the lessons to your own personal home or company's designs.
In this course you will learn:
1. The new rules of real estate, how to navigate and come out on top.
2. Understanding preferences: how external factors guide our decisions and what this means for housing choices.
3. New market trends: what is hot and what is not.
4. The details that matter -- outside, inside and around the home including finishes.
5. Not all square feet are made equal: How to maximize spaces to live large.
6. Perception and reality of design: how to look for what you want without making assumptions on how to get there.
7. Renovating: how to decide which elements you want to change, which elements add the most value and provide the highest return.
8. Balancing act: function, cost and design.
Homeowners considering renovating, building or moving - bring your house plans and we will explore how to adjust to make right home.
Builders and Developers - bring your designs and review what changes might add value and meet today's changing market.
Five 3-hour classroom sessions including lectures, design review, group pin-ups and discussions. Sessions will be held in the mornings. Afternoons are left free to explore the Seaside, enjoy the beaches and neighboring communities.
Students may bring designs that they would like to have reviewed. Designs can be existing homes of those interested in renovating, plans of homes a homeowner is considering building, designs of homes a builder/developer is planning to build.
To register and for more information about pricing, itinerary, the instructor/author and items included in the course fee, visit http://www.seasideacademicvillage.com/#!design/ckra.
At a Glance
Want More Events?