• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
By Joyce Owen

With twice the number of businesses that can be accommodated hoping to land a spot at Redfish Village, developers are reviewing each candidate for the correct balance, said Tom Rymer, New Orchard Group?s executive vice president of sales and marketing.
New Orchard Group, Redfish Village developers, has a plan to create a gathering place for the neighborhood combining 42,000 square feet of office and retail space with 80 residential condos.
?The developers want this to be a place where people want to come because there are a variety of things to do,? Redfish Village sales associate Allen Adams said.
Redfish Village is located on the corner of County Highways 30A and 83 near Blue Mountain Beach, however, the developers took the name from Big Redfish Lake, a coastal dune lake that abuts the property to the west.
?The commercial spaces, which are available for purchase rather than lease, were announced in July,? Rymer said.
Retail spaces range between 1,500 and 2,000 square feet and are listed from $763,000 to $999,000. Office units with 550 to 735 square feet range in price from $275,000 to $399,000.
The village has a central plaza that is convenient to the restaurants and boutiques located in the retail and office buildings. In the Ice House, a two-story building near the front of the property with open-air meeting areas three restaurants ? David Seering?s Piano Club, Beach Walk at Redfish Village and Lee?s Famous Recipe ? are planned. PJs Coffee and Planet Smoothie, a coffee shop and smoothie bar, will be near the pool and amphitheater. Wachovia Bank will occupy the first floor of the office complex. Other businesses scheduled to move into the Village are Aesthetic Clinique, Morgan Financial Advisors Inc. and H20 Properties. Developers are also in negotiations with a day spa, Rymer said. There are more exciting announcements to come, as Rymer hinted at high end clothing and jewelry stores and an art gallery that have expressed interest in the new project.
Rymer anticipates completing construction by December, and he expects many of the businesses will be ready to open in the spring.

When Tom Rymer stood on the second floor of one of the residential condominiums at Redfish Village, what he sought wasn?t the usual Gulf view but instead, he looked east toward Big Redfish Lake. Though many buyers look first for that sought-after ebb and flow of the Gulf, for Rymer, a New Orchard Group vice president, the coastal dune lake surrounded by natural vegetation was a bonus he hoped homeowners would come to appreciate.
There are two four-story condominium buildings at Redfish Village being developed by the New Orchard Group. The two- and three-bedroom units range in size from 1,185 square feet to 1,635 square feet and are listed from $900,000 to $1.5 million, with four floor plans available. The condos have 10-foot ceilings, granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. Each unit has a covered parking space and valet parking is provided.
One building combines residential and commercial space, while the other is strictly residential.
Residents will have many opportunities to enjoy the water, as there is an owner?s-only beach boardwalk to the Gulf and a dock on the lake. There are also two pools, an amphitheatre, children?s play garden and walking and biking trails around the lake.
For more information on Redfish Village: (850) 622-5705 or go to www. redfishvillage.com

Last edited:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
From www.redfishvillage.com website....

"A private pavilion just a short stroll away links the village to some of the world's most breathtaking beaches."

Does anyone out there know where this "private pavilion" is located?
Thanks in advance.

sherry

Beach Comber
Aug 22, 2006
www.swbeaches.com
I am not exactly sure, but heard they bought a lot on the Gulf that will have the private access and pavillion for Redfish Village owners only. I think it is suppose to be just to the east of the development. I have seen photos, but can't seem to pinpoint exact location. I am not sure if they will walk there, drive and park or what??:dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
From www.redfishvillage.com website....

"A private pavilion just a short stroll away links the village to some of the world's most breathtaking beaches."

Does anyone out there know where this "private pavilion" is located?
Thanks in advance.
My guess is that it is a "marketing tool." Heck, you could say that 30A links the village to some of the world's most....

I am on Big Redfish Lake all the time and I have seen no such pavilion owned by Redfish Village around the Lake or the Gulf. There are a couple of pavilions built by Sanctuary at Redfish, located on the Lake. I guess it is possible that they the pavilion is yet to be built. :dunno:

whitesys

Beach Comber
Apr 19, 2006
Indianapolis
The "Beach Access Lot" legal description is
"Lot 7, Block 13, Blue Mountain Beach Subdivision No. 1"

From the map, it appears to be the sixth gulf front lot east of CR83
(between Sand Dunes Rd and Gulf Point Rd)

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
My guess is that it is a "marketing tool." Heck, you could say that 30A links the village to some of the world's most....

I am on Big Redfish Lake all the time and I have seen no such pavilion owned by Redfish Village around the Lake or the Gulf. There are a couple of pavilions built by Sanctuary at Redfish, located on the Lake. I guess it is possible that they the pavilion is yet to be built. :dunno:

I understand what you're saying regarding "marketing tool".

However they did use the words "private pavilion" on their website. Their project does NOT adjoin the beach unlike the Sanctuary which does adjoin the lake. Sounds like there should be a private walkover somewhere. Thanks for the reply.

The "Beach Access Lot" legal description is
"Lot 7, Block 13, Blue Mountain Beach Subdivision No. 1"

From the map, it appears to be the sixth gulf front lot east of CR83
(between Sand Dunes Rd and Gulf Point Rd)

You seem to have a handle on things considering this is your first post! :D :welcome:

That's what I heard from others in the area. I also heard that the county shot down their attempt to build a walkover on that property for basically "commercial" purposes in a residential neighborhood.

Now, it APPEARS that they have purchased the property 3 lots to the west of the 83 public access. It would be logical to assume that they are attempting to do the same thing there. This is also a "residential" area.

Considering what's at stake, I'm just concerned with what might happen because of the pressure they have put on themselves in regards to the promised "private pavilion" as stated on their website and probably their brochures.

Everyone who has any property in a residential area south of 30A should be also be concerned with the outcome. This is not just a beachfront issue.

Any more input would be very much appreciated.

Dreaming watercolor

Beach Comber
Nov 17, 2004
The Woodlands Texas
quoting from sales literature " An owners-only, private gateway and vista to the the white sand beaches of the gulf of mexico is just a short stroll away. In addition to private access to some of the world's most stunning beaches, Redfish village beachwalk features bicycle parking,outdoor showers, and beach chair and umbrella rentals."

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
There was some question from the neighbors about it being allowed but I was told by the developer a couple of months ago that it was a done deal on the lot whitesys noted. The developer also has donated money to improve the access at 83.

There will also be a dock on the lake but it will be on the property north of 30A.

I heard it was NOT a "done deal" regarding the beach access. Maybe that's why they bought the following and closed on 8/31/06...

This from ecarmls.com...

260 BLUE MOUNTAIN BEACH RD

MLS#: 407640p
SoldPrice: $5,045,000
DOM: 315
BuyerName: Redfish Village
CloseDate: 08/31/2006
DUC: 122
NewMortType: CONVENTIONAL
ContractDate: 05/01/2006
PrjClsDate: 08/31/2006
SaleNotes: Also listed as land mls 423020
SellingOff: ERMS RE/MAX SOUTHERN REALTY
SellAgt: E1827 MOLLY KEHOE

Tax record...
http://64.234.218.210/cgi-bin/walton_display.cgi?KEY=12-3S-20-34000-001-0032

The above is the 3rd lot west of the 83 beach access that I was referring to earlier. It lies right in the middle of 2 adjacent single family residences.

I'm hoping that someone "in the know" will shine some light on this situation.

Again, the reason I point this out is that this situation can happen to ANYONE who owns property along 30A (gulf front or not) in Walton County if Redfish is allowed to proceed as I suspect they would like to.

One other thing... Why would they even want to "develop" another access when the BMB public beach access (major access) is actually located closer? I guess the only reason I can see now is that they are contracturally obligated.

Kurt, you even shared that they had donated money to improve the beach access. The problem I see with this is that if the county were to build restroom facilities, then parking (which is already at a premium) will be reduced for those who must drive from other parts of the county to get to the beach.