• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Does Florida require out of staters to have a fishing license to fish all bodies of water? i.e. bay, gulf, rivers, lakes.
Where is the nearest place to buy one along 30A?

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Go to the FWC website but I think As long as you are a legal US resident and are not in a boat you DO Not need a license. So if your on the beach or a bank you are ok. Any of the water here is good fishing. But if wading in the gulf remember you can become a member of the food chain. Some big sharks have been spotted recently.

John

Beach Fanatic
Dec 3, 2005
SoWal
You can get a license by calling 1-888-FISH FLO. (1-888- FISH FLA for Florida residents). They are also sold at the county courthouse.

John

Beach Fanatic
Dec 3, 2005
SoWal
Go to the FWC website but I think As long as you are a legal US resident and are not in a boat you DO Not need a license. So if your on the beach or a bank you are ok.

The above is true for Florida residents only. Non-residents need a license.

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
You will need a license...WalMart is your quickest option...

The toll free number (1-888-FISH FLO or 1-888- FISH FLA for Florida residents)is a heck of a lot quicker than driving to Wal-Mart. They take your credit card # and then give you a valid license number over the phone and mail the license to you. It takes just a couple of minutes and then you'll be fishing.

The Internet option is as convenient as the telephone option. With the Internet option, I'm pretty sure that you get to print an official receipt.

Both options have worked great for our houseguests and visiting friends.

Have fun, and please only keep what you'll eat!