• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
spinner, your guess is not data.
The data that is posted monthly will show the numbers, wherein readers can speculate on future trneds and past happenings with the data when posted.

thanks

I never said my guess was data. I said it was 'my guess'. Also George, readers don't speculate on past happenings. Thanks.

joehomes4me

Beach Comber
Mar 22, 2006
spin, I was looking for data. With respect to analysis of data, and your assertion of speculation and readers not commenting on past happenings I think we have a different viewpoint. Why some events or series of events occurred I always find interesting as a point in ascertaining future potential trends and events. However, if you have a different method that works, go with it.

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
spin, I was looking for data. With respect to analysis of data, and your assertion of speculation and readers not commenting on past happenings I think we have a different viewpoint. Why some events or series of events occurred I always find interesting as a point in ascertaining future potential trends and events. However, if you have a different method that works, go with it.

That's fine. Why you thought my original post was a direct response to yours, I do not know. We all know it wasn't data.

Perhaps we are splitting hairs, but "speculating on future trends and past happenings" is not possible as the past happenings have already happened. Now, certainly you could speculate on WHY past happenings happened, or you can analyze past happenings. :D

joehomes4me

Beach Comber
Mar 22, 2006
spin wrote: "Perhaps we are splitting hairs, but "speculating on future trends and past happenings" is not possible as the past happenings have already happened. "

1. It is possible and is done every day! Past happenings show up in reports, analysis, trends reports, et al. One tries to understand and as I stated, "... as a point in ascertaining future potential trends and events."

spin wrote: "Now, certainly you could speculate on WHY past happenings happened, or you can analyze past happenings. :D"

2. Again, use whichever method you like.

You are not trying to split hairs, but from past post [happenings] I will speculate that you have an interesting desire to have a last rebutall. Have at it. ;-)

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
I don't think SJ is too fired up about doing the work, putting up numbers, and seeing the negative posts. He's teed the ball up enough.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I was looking at some stats this am and noticed that the inventory levels in 32459 were near 2005 level. This is quite interesting. Alot of folks are holding off going back on the market. We are still high but we a getting to a leveling off place. I am not sure if this will translate into an increase in market but history has shown it to be a good thing.

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
I was looking at some stats this am and noticed that the inventory levels in 32459 were near 2005 level. This is quite interesting. Alot of folks are holding off going back on the market. We are still high but we a getting to a leveling off place. I am not sure if this will translate into an increase in market but history has shown it to be a good thing.

Bobby, based on historic patterns of housing declines there needs to be a reduction of about 35% in current inventory to even hit the bottom. Then it usually takes a year after that for things to even start to turn around.

Also please note that "Inventory" glut includes not only properties currently listed but those taken off the market temporarily because they didn?t sell.

Another dirty little secret that the public is not aware of is that there are many properties in new developments that have not even been released yet by the developers (they are being held back just like an IPO is in a down market) and thus are not in the MLS.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
I don't think SJ is too fired up about doing the work, putting up numbers, and seeing the negative posts. He's teed the ball up enough.

They were in the Walton Sun last Saturday. You can also get them in the Sun online. I posted summary figures on another thread.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Bobby, based on historic patterns of housing declines there needs to be a reduction of about 35% in current inventory to even hit the bottom. Then it usually takes a year after that for things to even start to turn around.

Also please note that "Inventory" glut includes not only properties currently listed but those taken off the market temporarily because they didn?t sell.

Another dirty little secret that the public is not aware of is that there are many properties in new developments that have not even been released yet by the developers (they are being held back just like an IPO is in a down market) and thus are not in the MLS.

Well, it seems we are going in the right direction....;-)