• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaside Rep Theatre

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2006
Seaside Repertory Theatre presents

home.jpg

sponsored by Alys Beach

The Rep is thrilled to announce the limited run of the holiday cult classic by David Sedaris, The Santaland Diaries. Adapted for the stage by Joe Montello, the one-man comedy will run Wednesdays - Saturdays, December 13 - 23 at 7:30pm in the Meeting Hall Theatre, 215 Quincy Circle, in Seaside.

Based on Sedaris' own personal experiences, this subversive holiday riff follows the tribulations of "Crumpet," played by Rep veteran Justin Lamb, as he tells of his surreal job as an elf at Macy's in Manhattan.

The Santaland Diaries contains mature themes and is not suitable for children. Tickets are $24 and $20 for members.

The Rep's 2006 Season is sponsored by Design and Design Services of Florida.

- Click here to purchase tickets for The Santaland Diaries.

Last edited:

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
David Sedaris is absolutely hilarious! And this holiday story is irreverent and eccentric, both hallmarks of Sedaris. He writes frequently for The New Yorker Magazine and has written several very funny books. He grew up in the South in a very quirky family. :rotfl:

David Sedaris is absolutely hilarious! And this holiday story is irreverent and eccentric, both hallmarks of Sedaris. He writes frequently for The New Yorker Magazine and has written several very funny books. He grew up in the South in a very quirky family. :rotfl:
North Carolina, to be exact. I just finished Dress Your Family In Corduroy And Denim. We saw him at a reading in Denver before we left. He's even funnier in person, if that is possible. I just love the guy.
Then there is his sister Amy (from Strangers With Candy). For Christmas, I am giving several friends her book:
I Like You: Under the Influence. It's a pretty wacky book about hospitality, but actually has some good recipes and ideas.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
I may have another volunteer coming your way, Steeleing1.:D

That's good. The Mer family (including kids :razz: ) have joined in, too, for the show on the 30th. Let's hope it's a full house that night!!!!