• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Hey SHELLY...do you have a CHIP on your shoulder or something? :D

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Hey SHELLY...do you have a CHIP on your shoulder or something? :D

Who? ME??? ......HA!...when it comes to infomercials....Estrada can't hold a candle to Ron Popeil! I'd like to see Ponch sell a Chop-O-Matic!!

popeil.jpg

Last edited:

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
I pass by Sunny Hills on my way to Seacrest. In fact, I am coming down on Thursday so maybe there will be an Eric sighting.

Although I wonder how he can take the time off from filming that new reality show where he is a REAL cop trainee cadet.

:rotfl:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
OMG :eek: Ponch is back in the Real Estate News again!

This time it's about the CCI and Coast Bank debacle down in South Florida--a BIG TIME investulator's rip-off story unwinding as we speak. Here's an excerpt:
----------------------

"Hatch, a Millersville, Pa., resident who works for Penske Truck Rentals, is asking himself the same thing.

A few years ago, he bought a property from Seashore Resorts in the Hilton Head, S.C., area. The house was built, rented out and continues to provide him with a steady income.

With that success in mind, Hatch agreed to invest in another speculative property, one that CCI was supposed to build at 5031 San Ignacio Drive in Sebring's Sun 'n Lakes Estates.

That golf resort is owned and operated by National Recreation Properties, the Irvine, Calif.-based company whose TV spokesman is former "CHiPS" star Erik Estrada. :cool:

Hatch signed the $265,000 contract for the Sebring home on Dec. 20, 2005, and made a $5,000 downpayment. Seashore arranged a Coast Bank construction loan administered by American Mortgage Link, a Tampa company with close ties to CCI, Seashore and Coast Bank.

Almost immediately, Hatch was "taken aback by how poor the communications were" between builder, lender and himself, the customer.

Unable to get the information that he had requested about the construction schedule, he became concerned as long ago as May 17, when he received a letter from American Mortgage Link's Andrew M. Houghton.

In the letter, Houghton wrote, "In order to keep interest payments being made by CCI builders to a minimum, a minimal initial draw was given to CCI Builders to initiate the permitting process on your pre-construction home."

"The builder will be requesting a supplemental draw from your lender, Coast Bank of Florida. This draw can only be granted with your signed authorization ... please return this signed document," Houghton wrote.

A wary Hatch did not sign or return the document.

On July 7, Hatch received another request from Houghton, this time marked "ASAP." Hatch ignored it again.

So he was stunned to find in December that his account at Coast was drawn down by $110,000.

"I was freaking out," said Hatch, describing himself as "having a mental block accepting" what had happened.

"I will be damned if I take a $110,000 loan for a $30,000 lot," Hatch said Wednesday. "I'll walk away, let the bank foreclose and take the hit to my credit."

A visit to the site today revealed that property consists of only a concrete slab."
-------------------------------

00seer00

Beach Lover
Oct 12, 2006
PCB
Shelly

For a minute I thought you were blaming Ponch, looks like the builder in the area not NRPILand.com (Ponch). Do you ever post good news??