• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
For the record I don't live in BMB, but appears Vagrant does. Sounds like the 'many people' is you. Not sure why you are so concerned on Vagrant's reasoning on being against this. If it is denied, it's not going back to your side of the street b/c it appears to be a fact, lot 1 was denied. What's strange is you're not fighting alongside Vagrant to get it pushed out of the entire area. Strange...:dunno:
Strange, indeed.

BTW, where is BMBCA when you need them? They're all over the place when you don't. I still haven't heard anyone state what their "new found" position is (and why). PLEASE, with around 200 members belonging to this activist organization, can't just one insider shed some light as to their NEW FOUND silence on a local issue as important as this?

How about SWCC?

Kevin Thompson

Beach Lover
Dec 23, 2006
Strange, indeed.

BTW, where is BMBCA when you need them? They're all over the place when you don't. I still haven't heard anyone state what their "new found" position is (and why). PLEASE, with around 200 members belonging to this activist organization, can't just one insider shed some light as to their NEW FOUND silence on a local issue as important as this?

How about SWCC?

Didn't you post on #311 the BMBCA comments about their position? Vagrant are you being coy or just trying to make some more friends? What possible reason could you have to post their position and then ask what it is?

And I have answered the question why it's not strange that I am not fighting along side you. It's the same reason you didn't fight alongside us when they were trying to do this in our residential preservation neighborhood next to our homes. I think everybody has said their position many times here not sure why you are still so confused. I am sure you will write me a nasty :bang: page long reason though.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You guys make me think of a Thomas Jefferson quote:
"If ouir house be on fire, without inquiring whether it was fired from within or without, we must try to extinguish it." Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Lewis, Jr, May 9, 1798.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
You guys make me think of a Thomas Jefferson quote:
"If ouir house be on fire, without inquiring whether it was fired from within or without, we must try to extinguish it." Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Lewis, Jr, May 9, 1798.
And that's exactly what I and some others are trying do.

Some imply that since I was not aware of the "first fire", that I should simply ignore the "second fire". :dunno: What a load!

Notice how nobody comments about BMBCA and SWCC? I know for certain that director(s) of BMBCA monitor this message board.

SJ, as an activist yourself, is there anything you know about their current position that you can share since they don't seem to have the backbone to speak up (when you want them to)?

BTW, find the warranty deed yet?;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
And that's exactly what I and some others are trying do.

Some imply that since I was not aware of the "first fire", that I should simply ignore the "second fire". :dunno: What a load!

Notice how nobody comments about BMBCA and SWCC? I know for certain that director(s) of BMBCA monitor this message board.

SJ, as an activist yourself, is there anything you know about their current position that you can share since they don't seem to have the backbone to speak up (when you want them to)?

BTW, find the warranty deed yet?;-)
I have not researched the BMBCA nor the SWCC for their lack of activity for lot #2. If what you said is correct about several of their leading members living in the area east of the 83 access (lot #1 area), I would think that they too, are being selfish and know what the result will be if no private access is approved -- more foot traffic on their streets. I do know that some of thier members were at the meeting for the NatureWalk Private Beach Club issue. I am not a member of either of those organizations so I don't know their reasons. Have you checked the SWCC's website to look for info.

Warranty Deed? I wasn't looking for one. You know where the Clerk of Court's website and office is located, so if you need to look something up, they can assist you. If you are referring to the Warranty Deed for the Beach in front of the subdivison between Big Redfish Lake and the 83 Access, I am still waiting on you to show me the documents that show who owns that beach, and unless you can show me who owns it, I will consider it as publicly owned. ;-) I think Kevin Thompson is correct about at least one thing. You seem to give us the answer, then ask the question and that is rather frustrating like you are not reading our comments. The information you are giving seems to be in a continuous loop. I feel like I waste my time trying to answer your questions because you ask the same question later after I reply. If you have something to share with us, please do so, but this isn't Jeopardy, so please don't give your answer in the form of a question. It gets rather confusing as to what you are trying to find out or tell us.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
I have not researched the BMBCA nor the SWCC for their lack of activity for lot #2. If what you said is correct about several of their leading members living in the area east of the 83 access (lot #1 area), I would think that they too, are being selfish and know what the result will be if no private access is approved -- more foot traffic on their streets. I do know that some of their members were at the meeting for the NatureWalk Private Beach Club issue. I am not a member of either of those organizations so I don't know their reasons. Have you checked the SWCC's website to look for info.
I just did look them up and went on http://www.southwaltoncc.org and found absolutely nothing. Not just nothing about RFV...nothing of any value, period. See for yourself. A search on Google for BMBCA or Blue Mountain Beach Community Association yields no website for BMBCA.

Warranty Deed? I wasn't looking for one. You know where the Clerk of Court's website and office is located, so if you need to look something up, they can assist you. If you are referring to the Warranty Deed for the Beach in front of the subdivison between Big Redfish Lake and the 83 Access, I am still waiting on you to show me the documents that show who owns that beach, and unless you can show me who owns it, I will consider it as publicly owned. ;-)
Me too..;-).

You're the one that claimed the county owned it. How about I say, I think it's not public, and you say you think it's not private. We'll settle this later :roll: . I just didn't want to see you walk away from post #394 where you assumed because the property lines stop at the dunes that the beach must then belong to the county by default...just trying to help prevent the dissimination of "possible" false info, that's all.

I think Kevin Thompson is correct about at least one thing. You seem to give us the answer, then ask the question and that is rather frustrating like you are not reading our comments. The information you are giving seems to be in a continuous loop. I feel like I waste my time trying to answer your questions because you ask the same question later after I reply. If you have something to share with us, please do so, but this isn't Jeopardy, so please don't give your answer in the form of a question. It gets rather confusing as to what you are trying to find out or tell us.
If you're talking private vs. public, point is again, one should not make assumptions (and present as fact) that one can not validate.

So for now, how about we both just agree to "opine" our positions regarding the private/public property issue. OK with you?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You're the one that claimed the county owned it. How about I say, I think it's not public, and you say you think it's not private. We'll settle this later :roll: . I just didn't want to see you walk away from post #394 where you assumed because the property lines stop at the dunes that the beach must then belong to the county by default...just trying to help prevent the dissimination of "possible" false info, that's all.

If you're talking private vs. public, point is again, one should not make assumptions (and present as fact) that one can not validate.

So for now, how about we both just agree to "opine" our positions regarding the private/public property issue.
OK with you?
Are you sure about that? I am not looking back through 11 pages of posts to see what I said, but I challenge you to find a statement where I said that. It may exist, but I don't think so. If that statement by me exists, be sure to also post my quote regarding the part about it is not stated who owns that beach in a deed, but it definitely shows that the homeowner in that subdivision do not own south of the bluff line. ;-)

Many posts ago, I asked you to drop it until you find the deed that shows who owns the property. You, not me, is the person who continually brings it back up.

Repeat --> you are on the spin cycle. You seem to care more about who owns the beach in front of lot #1 rather than Redfish getting a private access. Get off the merry go round, PLEASE.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
As long as I can remember, living first in Grayton, then on the Bay in Santa Rosa Beach, the beach has always been owned by the state. Dad used to build houses along the beach, but they were inexpensive due to the nature of building on sand. Sand shifts! I fail to understand how people can get insurance for expensive houses on sand dunes.
:roll:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Are you sure about that? I am not looking back through 11 pages of posts to see what I said, but I challenge you to find a statement where I said that. It may exist, but I don't think so. If that statement by me exists, be sure to also post my quote regarding the part about it is not stated who owns that beach in a deed, but it definitely shows that the homeowner in that subdivision do not own south of the bluff line. ;-)

Many posts ago, I asked you to drop it until you find the deed that shows who owns the property. You, not me, is the person who continually brings it back up.

Repeat --> you are on the spin cycle. You seem to care more about who owns the beach in front of lot #1 rather than Redfish getting a private access. Get off the merry go round, PLEASE.
Sir, YES SIR!! Just got off, Sir! but it spins again in a month or so. Stay tuned.:D

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Now back to BMBCA and SWCC. Is it just me who finds their complete and SUDDEN absence here puzzling? Surely someone who lives east of 83 must know why. It sure would be appreciated if they could share their insight besides those who support the access at 260 BMRd. I know this item is also a little repetitive, but it DEFINITELY relates to the RFV access issue and, I believe, warrants an answer.