• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

spongegirl

Beach Comber
Oct 6, 2006
~bythesea
have been living here [and loving it] almost 5 years now, and gotta say, although our beaches are sublimely beautiful, these very unattractive tire tracks which run up and down the beach really destroy the pure aesthetic natural beauty of being at the beach - as far as i know, it's only the police & beaches of sowal vehicles that have authority to drive on the beaches, so here's a suggestion:
police & beaches of sowal vehicles must have some kind on mesh/screen/rake apparatus which attaches to the rear bumper somehow, where basically this screen drags across the fresh tires tracks covering them up
[similar to inbetween innings at a baseball game] leaving only nicely turned sand in it's wake

pretty pretty pretty

thoughts ?

~ sunbeams & peaceful vibrations ~

cheers ;-)

- do the tire tracks up & down the beach bum you out ?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I am tired of seeing them. There weren't that many before the big storms. Afterward there was a lot of traffic from construction vehicles. I thought that they would diminish but there are still lots of them. I guess there's still a lot of work and inspections going on.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
me too, spongegirl. I love your creative idea. :clap_1: Kurt, please give this young lady a free SoWal sticker. :D

spongegirl

Beach Comber
Oct 6, 2006
~bythesea
- you know, in theory, doesn't sound like it would be a hard thing to do -

really, just a small, conscientious effort from the ones whom DO tear up the beach,
would be a wondrous gift to all of us :clap_1:

isn't the beauty of the b e a c h why we live here ?

the tire tracks just make it look sooo urban - no likey !

peace*love

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
have been living here [and loving it] almost 5 years now, and gotta say, although our beaches are sublimely beautiful, these very unattractive tire tracks which run up and down the beach really destroy the pure aesthetic natural beauty of being at the beach - as far as i know, it's only the police & beaches of sowal vehicles that have authority to drive on the beaches, so here's a suggestion:
police & beaches of sowal vehicles must have some kind on mesh/screen/rake apparatus which attaches to the rear bumper somehow, where basically this screen drags across the fresh tires tracks covering them up
[similar to inbetween innings at a baseball game] leaving only nicely turned sand in it's wake

pretty pretty pretty

thoughts ?

cheers ;-)

They actually do have these screens - I've witnessed them being used from time-to-time. For some reason they are rarely used :dunno:

Maybe they don't want to take the extra few minutes required to hook them up :dunno:

Hopefully Brad will see this thread and shed some light...

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
- you know, in theory, doesn't sound like it would be a hard thing to do -

really, just a small, conscientious effort from the ones whom DO tear up the beach,
would be a wondrous gift to all of us :clap_1:

isn't the beauty of the b e a c h why we live here ?

the tire tracks just make it look sooo urban - no likey !

peace*love

Are you talking about all vehicles, or just the official vehicles?

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005

pretty pretty pretty

thoughts ?

cheers ;-)

Police & official SoWal vehicles...

spongegirl

Beach Comber
Oct 6, 2006
~bythesea
They actually do have these screens - I've witnessed them being used from time-to-time. For some reason they are rarely used :dunno:

Maybe they don't want to take the extra few minutes required to hook them up :dunno:

Hopefully Brad will see this thread and shed some light...

is that right ?????????

well for the love of elevation, if they have 'em, use 'em ! :roll:

hook 'em & drag 'em from rosemary to dune allen, several passes a day

- it's the right thing to do, don'tcha think ?

;-) warm cheery vibes ~

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
In a pickle? Get Brad on it!!!