• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
:rotfl: Destine and Panama City Beach are also 40 miles round trip from SoWal, depending on the end from which one measures. ;-) Destine is already creeping this way. It is only a matter of time before North West FL will be one busy place. You can already forget the sleepiness of the sleepy little town of Freeport. The airport and animal theme park will drive more people this way. Maybe if we are lucky, people will begin to vacation at the rumored Disney theme park and never make it to the beach. (ah, but a dream)

Say lay fevee..

PC Snoop

Beach Comber
Jan 8, 2007
"I was sent this, how can they print this.
http://a1realty.biz/land_p2.htm "

First post from a regular lurker. :dunno:

Been looking at this stuff for a while.

All th rumors I have heard from credible sources are verified in the PDF flie at the above link.

The Airport DSAP clears the way for massive and rapid development in the area. Like it or not folks, progress is here. JOE has a plan. They had a plan when they sold the paper mill in Pt. St. Joe and it still took 2 years to close one day, with no notice to employees. The employees were seriously displaced but there were retraining opportunities for former JOE millworkers (the money was there from an anonomous donor for work comp extention, just like the $$ for a new bridge in PC). Look at the Piggly Wiggly in PSJ. Right after the mill closed they up and built a new store. And the more amazing fact is that the day it opened it was to small.

Enough for background. The DSAP. It has all its environmental permits out of the way. The whole Dang thing. Any company that wants proximity to the airport inside the DSAP is 2 years at least ahead on opening up a new facility, whether it is big or small. A big company like FEDEX can be open for business the day the Airport terminal opens. They have lots of room to build the campus they want, where they want. No expressways, or homes or nothing to worry about or spend $$ on lawyers on. They can even start operations before, because they only need the runway to work. Same applies to UPS or the other satillite warehouses like Amazon or Ebay or a huge fulfillment center to suport the distribution potential.

JOE did not go to all the trouble of the DSAP innovation to be nice. THEY HAVE A PLAN. EVERY SQ FT of the DSAP. RIGHT NOW. It is in the bag. The day they do the ground breaking they could spend the balance of the day announcing the committed additional businesses coming to the area.

The Disney thing is relatively easy to figure out. They are a part of the DSAP and possibly in the Ebro area too. I do not think the Ebro site is Disney. Maybe some other tourist operation, but not Disney. A large 2000 acre "resort" type of operation. It will not compete with Disney World. It wil be for a different type of tourist. Probably in conjuction with the new PORT DISNEY that will be where the present PC PORT is now. The PC paper mill closes(read the first paragraph). The port operation moves to the mill site because it has so much toxic goo in the ground that you could not put a bed in that area. DISNEY takes over the PC PORT to become its major hub for cruises. A brand spankin' new airport to fly cruisers in from all over the world. A resort to bed em down & entertain 'em too. Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Unlike Orlando when Disney came to town there are develomental regulations to follow. I do not see a huge megaopolis. There will be trees and infrastructure to some degree. i.e. Freeport is shut down from further development til they get their infrastructure right.

Now a jump into the X-files
There is alreay a tunnel built on the airport site that will allow two semis to pass.:rotfl: :rotfl:
Disney will build a monorail from the new disney port to the airport to their resort to god know where else. :dunno:
One is a good source rumor the other is an over active imagination.

Snoop

drunkkenartist

Beach Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
Sunny Hills, FL
www.drunkkenart.com
Folks, if you turn to your Bible, "The Green Empire - The St. Joe Company and the Remaking of Florida's Panhandle",
page 7, last para., you can see how most of these "Disney" rumours started.

"The company's new focus was cemented in 1997, when its board of directors brought on Disney executive and former Arvida developer Peter Rummell as chief executive officer."

Ever since then Disney rumours have run rampant. So have Busch Gardens.

All of this is happening here in my backyard. There is a lot going on already. The local news has already spoke of mini-Disney 'day' parks, not full blown out Disney Worlds. The beach would still be the focus, but this would just be a short day trip.

Meanwhile its like 2004-2005 all over again up here in Washington County, property being sold right and left. Sunny Hills has seen been revitalized and there are at least three new developments going up on hwy 279.

I bought up here 11 years ago and complained about having to drive to civilization. I waited long enough, and civilization came to me.

When I moved to Seagrove in 1991 to get away from Fort Walton/Destin, there was not much there. Our biggest scandal was Seagrove Cottages putting up a neon sign! Looked like a spaceship at night.

Now I've moved up here to get away from Seagrove and progress followed me up here as well. I guess if you want to know where to invest, just follow me! Next stop, Oregon.:roll:

jimmyp5

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove
has anyone clicked on the email link at the top of a1's page and questioned the actuality od the airport groundbreaking? it would be interesting to see their response.

i e-mailed them 2 days ago, asking for some substantiation, but so far haven't gotten a response ... but i will post it here if i do

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Yes, I emailed them, but have not received a reply. In that first listing of 150 acres in Bonifay, click on the "full park report" link. Scroll to the map at the bottom of the report and they indicate the location of the 55,000 acre "Disney Purchase." Interestingly, this report looks to be presented by The Fowler Center for Wildlife Education, Inc. / Blue Dolphin II (the developer).

30gAy

Beach Fanatic
Jul 4, 2006
The greater SoWal metro area
Life in the Buff Theme Park

Hoping to capture a slice of a niche market that goes underserved by mainstream theme parks, local gadfly turned developer 30-gAy has announced plans to open America?s first clothing optional theme park. The park called Life in the Buff, is to be located in scrubland near Ebro, Florida.

?I originally intended to announce my plans sometime in June, but what with rumors about Disney coming I felt it was best to get to the head of the pack. Come to think about it, it is always best to be first in line when your junk is hanging out?..?, said 30-gAy.

The park will feature numerous feature rides such as the Tit-a-Whirl, It?s a Small ****, Hairy-Go-Round, and Privates of the Caribbean.

?I anticipate that the park will attract up to 1.2 million naturists a year.?

The announcement has not been without controversy. Members of Panama City?s Air-brush T-Shirt Guild have complained that the land could be better used by people who wear and buy clothing. ?It is just the latest assault on our way of life here in northwest Florida?, said Beth Hawthorn -a Guild member, ?Just you wait and see. Those nudists will kill our business just like those damn PETA folks destroyed the shell-animal figurine industry.?

A scene from the ride Privates of the Caribbean

PC Snoop

Beach Comber
Jan 8, 2007
Underground! As I read, I was wondering how they would protect the tourists eyes from the areas around the old mill. :lol:

The tunnel is at the airport. That is a good 40-50 miles from the old mill site. My info says that the tunnel is for movement of goods from warehouses to FEDEX/UPS facilities. Or possiby the flight containers are moved or the ocean containers are moved. Do not think it is a people mover. This is speculation on my part. Think underground Disney.