• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The tunnel is at the airport. That is a good 40-50 miles from the old mill site. My info says that the tunnel is for movement of goods from warehouses to FEDEX/UPS facilities. Or possiby the flight containers are moved or the ocean containers are moved. Do not think it is a people mover. This is speculation on my part. Think underground Disney.
Maybe someone should tell Disney the reason why we don't have basements in Florida. I wonder if they know that some of those lakes on the property were caused by sinkholes.:dunno:

TripleB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 15, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I've always thought Disney ran a Mickey Mouse operation. Some of their ideas are just plain Goofy. You'd think that some of the "planners" come from Pluto! I hate the idea of a Minnie park in Sowal. It wouldn't surprise me if Trump (the Donald) was involved.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Life in the Buff Theme Park

Hoping to capture a slice of a niche market that goes underserved by mainstream theme parks, local gadfly turned developer 30-gAy has announced plans to open America’s first clothing optional theme park. The park called Life in the Buff, is to be located in scrubland near Ebro, Florida.

“I originally intended to announce my plans sometime in June, but what with rumors about Disney coming I felt it was best to get to the head of the pack. Come to think about it, it is always best to be first in line when your junk is hanging out…..”, said 30-gAy.

The park will feature numerous feature rides such as the Tit-a-Whirl, It’s a Small ****, Hairy-Go-Round, and Privates of the Caribbean.

“I anticipate that the park will attract up to 1.2 million naturists a year.”

The announcement has not been without controversy. Members of Panama City’s Air-brush T-Shirt Guild have complained that the land could be better used by people who wear and buy clothing. “It is just the latest assault on our way of life here in northwest Florida”, said Beth Hawthorn -a Guild member, “Just you wait and see. Those nudists will kill our business just like those damn PETA folks destroyed the shell-animal figurine industry.”
A scene from the ride Privates of the Caribbean

:rofl: I know I speak for myself and the rest of the gulls, but will Johnny Depp be the main attraction in the Privates of the Caribbean? :evil:
oh, and pleeez, explain the tatta whirl? :rotfl:

Last edited:

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Maybe someone should tell Disney the reason why we don't have basements in Florida. I wonder if they know that some of those lakes on the property were caused by sinkholes.:dunno:
I know the entire area under the Magic Kingdom is a vast network of tunnels. Employee break areas, cafeterias, dressing areas etc. Worked there as a young adult. I'm sure their other theme parks have the same underground network. Personnel, security, theme characters, etc. can move about out of view, and it makes the parks more open for the paying guests. Most of that land in Reedy Creek is swampy. I don't know how they pulled off the tunnels with the water table so high. Disney must have known some 'retired' Nazi engineers from the theme parks of Berlin. Could have hired them away from NASA with the money he saved not paying most of his employees.

wallymom

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2005
I just have to comment on 30-gAy's post. That is flippin' hiliarious! I am laughing so hard right now my dog's are looking at me funny! Thanks for the great belly laugh!:rotfl: :rotfl: :lol: :rotfl:

nmosley

Beach Comber
May 9, 2006
Sorry to disagree, but I think the pose is vulgar and NC at best...

Give me Shelly for humor over this type of prattle any day of the week...

I know, I know, every party has a pooper and that would be me in this case -but we are all entitled to our opinions on this board. Sorry 30-gAy - that's just mine. Have a great evening ya'll :shock:

30gAy

Beach Fanatic
Jul 4, 2006
The greater SoWal metro area
Sorry to disagree, but I think the pose is vulgar and NC at best...

Give me Shelly for humor over this type of prattle any day of the week...

:shock:

Well, you know what they say about misery??.....

But seriously honey, nobody loves a diversity of opinions more than me so you go girl.

In fact I think I will take you under my wing and show you how to express your opinion?s with more style.

Rule 1: Sass with Class ? Hon, you sound like the school librarian and nobody is going to relate to your ?I prefer Lawrence Welk over Elvis? routine. You need to make me appear to be the outsider that nobody wants to pick for dodgeball??

Rule 2: Spice your comments with witty cultural references like say, dodgeball??..

Rule 3: Don?t be afraid to get a little vulgar in order to make your point. It is unlikely that children ages 6-17 are reading SoWal?s Real Estate Thread.

Now work on it a bit and I expect a sharp, biting retort next time.

Then again we could all just sit back and have a laugh at the expense of the panhandle?s longest running rumor???THE THEME PARKS ARE COMING!

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
30-gay, The comedian in your avatar. My folks had a dance school in D.C. and he started his "career" there as an m.c. Can't recall his name, but he used to be on Carson throwing confetti and doing lame prop comedy, like Carrottop who happens to live around the corner from me. I'll bet he does Vegas now, if he's still around.

nmosley

Beach Comber
May 9, 2006
Dear 30-gAy -
Lest you think I am a bit too "librarianesque" (seriously, though, I once did consider becoming that or a nun and decided I was way too rebellious for either)... The wit and humor of your most recent post is a true delight! Your use of words to paint pictures is excellent and I can see you smiling as you write! That is fun!!!

I used to be a lot sassier but have given that up as I have sought to seek tranquility and peace in my inner person - and had to let go of the biting sarcasm that my Dad used to refer to as "rapier-sharp wit" in the process of evolving. Giving that up is definetly not for everyone, believe me! It is true that I sometimes miss my earlier giftings and have been tempted to pull that rapier out of the closet and dust it off every now and then - but the gentle spirit usually wins...

I had forgotten that my parents loved old Lawrence - used to watch it every Saturday evening after Hee-Haw (YUK!). They would dance around the living room having a blast while my brother and I looked at them like they were from Mars. Your words brought that wonderful memory back to me and I thank you for that more than you know. I miss them being here on the planet.

As far as sports go - I would love to have you on my dodgeball team because you appear to be open and honest and those qualities are such a joy to experience in people. I think we would have a blast!! Sorry but I cannot paint you as an outsider because you are just too darn nice. That, by the way is a good thing. Thanks for taking time to respond in a very playful manner and have an excellent and glorious day.

:D