• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Yes, it is!

JaxGirl

Beach Comber
Apr 8, 2007
Nashville
Hmm, I don't see it posted in anyone's favorite restaurant threads.....how is it? We went last year and I believe it was the first week they were open. They had some kinks to work out but I thought it could be a neat place.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Hmm, I don't see it posted in anyone's favorite restaurant threads.....how is it? We went last year and I believe it was the first week they were open. They had some kinks to work out but I thought it could be a neat place.

I have been there recently for lunch and dinner and it was wonderful. Definetly put it on your list!

Paige

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2005
Arkansas
Its been 10 months since we were in Seaside, but at that time they were having a hard time with service. Heard many complaints from people we vacationed with and also from messages on this board.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I have not seen their lunch menu, but I think of the restaurant as being upscale dining. Since Shades left that spot, I think many people also have this impression, based on increased number of people waiting in line at Pickles.

I have been waiting to hear good comments about Great Southern before I was willing to go. I have yet to eat there, but now that Franny has tested it out recently for lunch and gives them good marks, I will put it on my list to try.

NotnKansas

Beach Lover
Aug 3, 2006
SOWAL, FL
I've eaten there once - and it was the best burger that I have ever had. :D

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
The Grits Ya Ya(something like that) is to die for and I had the fresh fish of the day, I believe it was mahi mahi and it was delish...two couples for dinner, each a glass of wine, brother may have had two and the price ran us around $140..not bad for our area imo. The ginger chicken is also highly recommened.

OnMackBayou

Beach Lover
May 15, 2005
Mack Bayou, Sandestin
We went there after not long after Shades closed, and were disappointed with food and service. We finally gave it another try recently and were pleasantly surprised at how much things had improved in both areas. Would definitely recommend it now.