• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
We met with Cindy Meadows and Parks and Recreation last week and things are moving ahead. The county is working on a layout for the new 10 acres at Helen McCall. They are trying to figure out how to fit the playground and football/soccer fields on the land. The next meeting with them is June 7th. Before that meeting, I think it would be a good idea for us to all meet up at the playground site and do some thinking and visualizing about how we'd like to see things laid out. There are a lot of nice trees on the part of the 10 acres that will be used for the playground. How about if we all meet at Helen McCall on Monday the 21st at 10am? Everyone that has an opinion is welcome to give one!

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
We met with Cindy Meadows and Parks and Recreation last week and things are moving ahead. The county is working on a layout for the new 10 acres at Helen McCall. They are trying to figure out how to fit the playground and football/soccer fields on the land. The next meeting with them is June 7th. Before that meeting, I think it would be a good idea for us to all meet up at the playground site and do some thinking and visualizing about how we'd like to see things laid out. There are a lot of nice trees on the part of the 10 acres that will be used for the playground. How about if we all meet at Helen McCall on Monday the 21st at 10am? Everyone that has an opinion is welcome to give one!

There may be some conflicts with end-of-the-school-year stuff. I know that Bay is having an awards ceremony Monday at 9:00 a.m.

dunelover

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma girl
www.thebeamstore.com
Hi all--- I have been admiring what you are doing for your community from afar, and I know someday our family will enjoy it while visiting. I thought I would forward a link for a grant program by hamburger helper. I think there is a short time left to apply. They are awarding money for things exactly like what you are doing. The link is http://www.myhometownhelper.com/LearnMore.aspx. They are giving away up to 15,000 per project per month.

Congratulations with your success so far!!!!:clap:

Last edited:

BrownEyedGull

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2007
Hi everyone,
I too am admiring everything you are doing as well. We are moving there sometime this summer and would love to be involved with this project!!! Wish I could be there now to go meetings and such with all of you wonderful moms that are doing great things for your kids as well as others in your community. Keep your fingers crossed that we have alot of traffic this weekend to view our house here in Georgia!!!

See you guys soon!!!:clap:

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton

Reminder - We're meeting at Helen McCall at 10am tomorrow (Monday). Hope to see you there!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Bump- meet at Helen McCall in about 1 hour (10 am). Here is your chance to make suggestions!

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
Report please!?!? Had to go to honors day.........2 hrs. with a 2 year old:bang: :yikes: :shock: