• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
I've heard that the new county commissioners are pro-development, and they will abolish the 50-foot height limit in SoWal. Supposedly there are over 2 dozen projects already drawn up that are waiting to be approved once the code is changed.

Anyone think this will happen or if it's a good idea?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
FoX said:
I've heard that the new county commissioners are pro-development, and they will abolish the 50-foot height limit in SoWal. Supposedly there are over 2 dozen projects already drawn up that are waiting to be approved once the code is changed.

Anyone think this will happen or if it's a good idea?

Bad Idea, and who knows if it will happen.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I guess we could always pull an Edward Abbey if they started building them.

(Edward Abbey is a crazy author, who wrote fabulous tales against the evils of development and the cancerous growth of "civilization.")

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
Smiling JOe said:
I guess we could always pull an Edward Abbey if they started building them.

(Edward Abbey is a crazy author, who wrote fabulous tales against the evils of development and the cancerous growth of "civilization.")

So we could write fabulous tales? :dunno:

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
I believe the limit is 4 stories. There are also density limits, no more than 4 units per acre if both city water and sewer are available. Right now where I am, we have water but are on septic, so the density is only 3/acre, but Freeport will be bringing sewer to the north end of the bridge within 2 years. I think that any high-rise thoughts for the north side of the bay would be way off in the future.

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
chrisv said:
I believe the limit is 4 stories. There are also density limits, no more than 4 units per acre if both city water and sewer are available. Right now where I am, we have water but are on septic, so the density is only 3/acre, but Freeport will be bringing sewer to the north end of the bridge within 2 years. I think that any high-rise thoughts for the north side of the bay would be way off in the future.

I bet you would be surprised.