• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Pt. Washington was once the center of our community, a ship came in once a month bringing supplies before grocery stores and means to get there were available. The only post office was located there, and we were once part of Washington County. The Eden mansion was built by the Wesley brothers who owned a lumber mill, and part of the John Wesley family, the founder of the Methodist Church. The Methodist church there is over 100 years old, many stories of happenings in this little part of our history. The elementary school was built in the 30's I believe. Also, the site of a movie, "Frogs", a horror story. I found the movie a Walmart, interesting to see Pt. Washington in the 70's. My dad did the fog with a Mosquito Control truck, minus the malathion, and a school mate's brother was one of the children in the movie. He was later killed in a tragic accident. Many of the original settler's lived there.

native

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2007
Pt Washington
I ride my bike all over point Washington and have yet to see a kid playing in any yard. I wouldn't call Pt Washington "Kid Friendly". And i had to show "proof of nativeship" when i closed on my property so that might nix you out. Like ye heard before "move on".:rotfl:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I ride my bike all over point Washington and have yet to see a kid playing in any yard. I wouldn't call Pt Washington "Kid Friendly". And i had to show "proof of nativeship" when i closed on my property so that might nix you out. Like ye heard before "move on".:rotfl:
They are all hiding from the Poison Truck, or glued to the A/C and TV.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
or at daycare, since both parents have to work in order to pay for living in PW, and are hence unable to supervise their child playing outside. :roll: