• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Anyone got any recommendations? I'm looking for a place to take my husband for his birthday while we are there this weekend. Not too stuffy. But not LV flashy either. No see and be seen spots -- we're doing that on Saturday (Party at the Palms!). I love the places that the local foodies would go to.

I've never been to Vegas so I'm at a bit of a loss for finding a place -- and I don't trust random websites -- I came across a place recommending the Red Lobster!:yikes:

Oh yeah, since it's vegas I might need to add that we don't do buffets!

Thanks!

Last edited:

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Re: Las Vegas Restaurants

Bobby Flay's MESA GRILL is at Caesar's and is awesome!!!

Also, if you all are sushi fans, GREAT sushi can be found in Vegas!

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area

Golden Steer is where the locals go. You'll feel as though you've been transported back to the 50's. Great steaks, great service. It's not far and all the cabbies know where it is.

Golden Steer

Paige

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2005
Arkansas

I've eaten at many of the best restaurants in Vegas, including Mesa Grill, Delmonico, Prime etc. But the best restaurant in Vegas for my money is one you have probably never heard of. Its Andre's. Good french cooking that's not too heavy. Great wine list. My wife and I went their on our wedding night 10 years ago this Sunday. We've been back several times since. It's expensive, but cheaper than the big names.

Here's the website:

http://www.andrelv.com/

Go to the original restaurant, its in an old house downtown. Its out of the way but very romantic. Pick the private room. You can thank me later.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal

I wasn't really impressed by any food there so i'm no help there (I was only there for the airport in/out when rafting the Grand Canyon so didn't really plan anything) but WAS quite impressed by the Cirque de Soleil show. Highly recommend getting tickets to something while you're in town!

Sandestin Bum

Beach Comber
May 7, 2006

Andr?'s is where Foodies go. GREAT PLACE especially the one downtown (the original).

Tao in the Venetian!!!! Although it is one of those places "to be seen", the atmosphere is awesome and the food is to die for. I took my wife there to end our LV trip a few weeks ago and she was blown away.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA

:dunno:
Golden Steer is where the locals go. You'll feel as though you've been transported back to the 50's. Great steaks, great service. It's not far and all the cabbies know where it is.

Golden Steer

I forgot to mention -- not a steak house. He's out there for work and I'm just joining him for a long weekend. He'll have been to steak houses every night for dinner prior to my arrival!

I've eaten at many of the best restaurants in Vegas, including Mesa Grill, Delmonico, Prime etc. But the best restaurant in Vegas for my money is one you have probably never heard of. Its Andre's. Good french cooking that's not too heavy. Great wine list. My wife and I went their on our wedding night 10 years ago this Sunday. We've been back several times since. It's expensive, but cheaper than the big names.

Here's the website:

http://www.andrelv.com/

Go to the original restaurant, its in an old house downtown. Its out of the way but very romantic. Pick the private room. You can thank me later.

It looks great. But from the photos, I'm not sure it's our style. We tend to like things more minimalist -- food and decor. But it's definitely on the list of possibilities. Actually at this point, it leads the list. But I'm still hoping to find the perfect spot!

Tao in the Venetian!!!! Although it is one of those places "to be seen", the atmosphere is awesome and the food is to die for. I took my wife there to end our LV trip a few weeks ago and she was blown away.

I really wanted to do something not in a hotel. I tend to think of hotel restaurants as overpriced/mediocre food. But I think it may be different in Vegas. Is it?:dunno: