• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
30-A since before I could walk
This is the latest email from the refuge. Just got it two minutes ago. Anyone out there able to spare a little time this weekend? :wave:

Remember to contact Laurie directly if you are able to help!

Is there anyone that can go either to Ponce de Leon to meet someone or to the Chipley facility this afternoon or in the morning to get two Chihuahuas? Their time is up today and I think I have a place for them. I just can not go get them.

Thanks,

Laurie Hood
Alaqua Animal Refuge
P.O. Box 48
Freeport, Florida 32439
www.alaquaanimalrefuge.com

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Sorry I was moving a bit fast and didn't put the "!" on the thread title. :bang:

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
:wave: Savvy....can they be picked up tomorrow. And where do they go?:dunno:

I think they can be picked up tomorrow morning. I guess they are going to Ponce De Leon? Really sketchy on the details but I thought it was important to post what I knew.

If anyone is interested in being a part of this important mission :)D ) please contact Laurie directly. I am only the lowly messanger. :wave:

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
I got a new email that I thought I would post --- the pups are safe and in need of a foster home. More info below.

I have just pulled two Chihuahuas and one Jack Russell from Chipley, as their time was up. Is there anyone willing to foster any of these animals? I will be going out of town this weekend and would feel more comfortable if they were in a foster situation.

It is important to note that they are coming from Chipley and have unsure vaccination histories (I will have them vaccinated immediately) and would need to be isolated from your own animals.

Thank you,

Laurie Hood
Alaqua Animal Refuge
P.O. Box 48
Freeport, Florida 32439

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Got a new email from Laurie - the pups are offically up for adoption. Thought I would pass it along in case anyone was interested, or wanted an update. :wave:

I have pulled the Chihuahuas from Chipley ? well, one Chihuahua and one Yorkie / Chihuahua mix. They are both heartworm negative and I have had them neutered and current on shots. They are now up for adoption and the adoption fee is $125. Their links are listed below. If you are interested, please let me know right away ? they will find homes fast!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9330306

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9359402

Thank you for your interest in these adorable little guys.

Laurie Hood
Alaqua Animal Refuge
P.O. Box 48
Freeport, Florida 32439

And I had to post pictures.

This is Spanky (the first link)
FL716.9330306-1-pn.jpg

And this is T-Bone (the second link)
FL716.9359402-1-pn.jpg

T-Bone is the cutest dog I have seen in a while. :love:

BTW I did not name the dogs. :D

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
Got a new email from Laurie - the pups are offically up for adoption. Thought I would pass it along in case anyone was interested, or wanted an update. :wave:

I have pulled the Chihuahuas from Chipley ? well, one Chihuahua and one Yorkie / Chihuahua mix. They are both heartworm negative and I have had them neutered and current on shots. They are now up for adoption and the adoption fee is $125. Their links are listed below. If you are interested, please let me know right away ? they will find homes fast!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9330306

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9359402

Thank you for your interest in these adorable little guys.

Laurie Hood
Alaqua Animal Refuge
P.O. Box 48
Freeport, Florida 32439

And I had to post pictures.

This is Spanky (the first link)
FL716.9330306-1-pn.jpg

And this is T-Bone (the second link)
FL716.9359402-1-pn.jpg

T-Bone is the cutest dog I have seen in a while. :love:

BTW I did not name the dogs. :D