• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

full time

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2006
Actually, the correct terminology is a quitclaim deed. It's a type of deed in which the seller doesn't warrant title. Seller transfers to Buyer whatever interest Seller holds, if any. Now, back to the Bobby and Shelly show and be careful Bobby, Shelly's always right -- at least that's what someone told me.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I have no desire to tangle with Shelly. I actually have learned a great deal from her/him. I have never found her/him to be too disrespectful either.
I have a little beef right now with Capricious. Shelly has never accused me of being deceitful.

I may even be wrong on my data but I can promise everyone on these boards two things.

1. We are pretty busy compared to last year. It is allot different!
2. I would never intentionally deceit anyone.

00seer00

Beach Lover
Oct 12, 2006
PCB
If you are thinking about buying a foreclosure, be aware of what happens to some of these things; some homeowers aren't the happiest of campers when the bank comes knocking.

"Just before the bank took possession of a home in northwestern Riverside County, its former owners attacked the walls with paintball guns and smashed gaping holes in them.

They ripped out stair railings, banisters and cabinet doors in the half-million-dollar Eastvale house. Then they turned on the upstairs bathroom sinks, put down the drain stoppers and fled as the bank's locksmith arrived to rekey the doors.

At least this is what real estate inspectors, working for the bank, concluded after they found the roughly two-year-old dream home soaked and halfway gutted. They say it wasn't even the worst that they encounter. "
Full Article: http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_D_repo12.251476d.html

Be careful when you get in your Car to drive to the store. You may get in a terrible accident.
Be careful when you go outside to walk to the store you might get hit by a car.
Be careful not to dream, it might not come true and you will be crushed.
Mr Shelly, you are truly an intellectual , and it took me 5 times on spell check to spell intellectual . Some live more in Fear some live more in Faith.
How about the positive spin on buying Foreclosure Properties not the less than 1% of the Fear of what could happen.
00seer00

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

How about the positive spin on buying Foreclosure Properties not the less than 1% of the Fear of what could happen.
00seer00

Personally, I think the whole mess that bought about the current rash of foreclosure properties sucks out loud...positive spin?....I'd have to dig far too deep for that.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
I have no desire to tangle with Shelly. I actually have learned a great deal from her/him. I have never found her/him to be too disrespectful either.
I have a little beef right now with Capricious. Shelly has never accused me of being deceitful.

I may even be wrong on my data but I can promise everyone on these boards two things.

1. We are pretty busy compared to last year. It is allot different!
2. I would never intentionally deceit anyone.

Bobby,

You may be busier now than at this time last year (is that lookers or buyers), but if so, you are one of the very lucky ones. True there was a bit of a surge in the late spring/early summer, but in August and September (and looks like October too), sales are much, much slower again than they were in 2006 which was much, much slower than 2005. Even though it has not come to a literal standstill as you said, sales are in the tank (and they have been for well over two years now) here just like they are virtually everywhere in the country/world. You have a very positive spin (not deceitful) on the market which you should as your business is real estate. But, the honest, no spin story is that the housing market in SoWal and elsewhere is not in good shape.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Bobby,

You may be busier now than at this time last year (is that lookers or buyers), but if so, you are one of the very lucky ones. True there was a bit of a surge in the late spring/early summer, but in August and September (and looks like October too), sales are much, much slower again than they were in 2006 which was much, much slower than 2005. Even though it has not come to a literal standstill as you said, sales are in the tank (and they have been for well over two years now) here just like they are virtually everywhere in the country/world. You have a very positive spin (not deceitful) on the market which you should as your business is real estate. But, the honest, no spin story is that the housing market in SoWal and elsewhere is not in good shape.

Fisher,

I agree with you. This thread changed after I posted that the market was not as bad as the media portrays. Our office seems to stay quite busy and my team has been doing quite well. Buyers seem to find us. Maybe that has distorted my take on the market. I simply pointed out to my client his take on the market by doing a simple exercise of asking him how many units he thinks sold in a certain area. We both were pretty shocked. I then get attacked by the "doom and gloom" gallery.

I try to look at things in a positive way in everything I do. Personally, I am having real tough times holding what I own but I feel we are all going to be OK with whatever happens. I feel allot of folks on this board in the RE section are very bitter towards agents and I just try to keep a good word going. We need it. The media beats us up plenty.

I put together a contract the other day for a lady that broke down and starting crying once the contract was executed. She has wanted to live in SOWAL her entire life and is nearing retirement. During the big jump in value she felt she lost her chance to own in paradise. We sold her a home in Seabreeze. She got an amazing deal! I guess this could not have happened for her if the market was not in the tank.... It has been one of my favorite sales ever and has reminded me what this is really all about. She perceives this as a GREAT market and looks forward to making SOWAL her new home. Its all about perception....