• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
a low back chair would be a chair low enough to keep the people behind you from having to strain/crane their necks to see around you to the image on the screen. a blanket, a crazy creek, a sand chair, an air mattress, your elbow would all fall into this category...

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I had to retire my blanket & crazy creek and buy a folding chair just for Mountain Film because I couldn't see over the folks in front of me! :angry:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Some high back chairs are also low-seat chairs, and can work pretty good. I recommend that if you bring one of those tall chairs, set it up in the very back so that others can see.

The John R crew began setting up yesterday afternoon. Let's get ready for to see the stars and some movies! The temps are supposed to get cold tonight, in the mid 50's, so bring a sleeping bag to keep you warm -- my best advice for this event.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
We are all set up with our low back chairs, with some high back chairs in front of us. :D Wonder who will win this battle of wit? It is a beautiful night...off for a sunset cocktail and on to the most wonderful night under the stars...Mountain Film '07! I just pray there are no thongs when I get up tonight. ;-)

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
The high back chair people were very gracious when asked to relocate behind the low back chair crowd. :clap: to them!

Great night at Mt. Film. Kate and I loved the Merganser Ducks the best. Every film was engaging in a completely different way.

Will and his age group (teens) seemed to be moved by the film about the Ugandan AIDS orphan named Emmy- I don't think there was a dry eye in the place when it was running. Later he told us that it made him want to go to Africa and help these people that are so affected by war, poverty, disease, and sadness. Which is exactly the reaction that the filmmakers were looking for- the films make us aware of problems and inspire us to want to fix them.

Icing on the evening's cake was the giant shooting star that shot across the sky right above the screen!

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
I totally agree Jdarg. Emmy was very moving and definitely puts our "problems" in proper perspective. My take on some other favorites are as follows: "Learning to Fly", Chirs McNamara is a total nut. " Running Down the Man" about a few guys in an unknown place sight fishing for roosterfish on the surf. This film was awesome and made want to go there. "Papa Tortuga" about one man's mission to bring the leatherback sea turtle back from near extinction. It make's you realize that nothing is more important than passion. We were totally blown away. "Celebrating Indomitable Spirit", the mission statement or motto of MountainFilm, could not be more fitting. Kudos to JohnR and anyone else involved in putting together this magical evening.

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
I was so happy to make it down for the event last night. Have never been before and was very impressed. The films were awesome and the crowd! Where did they all come from? It was a great showing all the way around. AND I got to see some very special sowallers. Loved Emmy, the turtles and the ducks. The rest were great too.

grace

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2007
here & now
What a great show! What was the deal with the impromptu fence across the foot bridge? We have a couple of houses in Phase III and lugged all of our stuff across only to run into a fence at the very end:angry:. Didn't actually run into it, like the older couple on bikes did in front of us:eek:, but....