• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Sueshore said:
Paula...your celebration sounds wonderful! Our family is small and I always felt my kids missed out on a large extended group of relatives.

Our family is now very small, so we usually "import" other people. Last night it was at my mom's- the 4 Dargs, Bdarg's mom, my best friend, her husband and 2 kids, including her MIL (too many MILs!), and another couple with a little girl that Mom knew from church and they didn't have family in town. It was fun, and my family members behave much better when there are "non-family" members around. We had a great time- and I have what's left of Mr. Turkey simmering in the stock pot now!

Poor Paw Paw! Make sure you tell him he has coast-to-coast sympathy for his thumb! Guess he can't hitchhike now!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Mermaid said:
Alright now, party's over, plates are cleared, and we've all said our goodbyes and hugged and kissed and said it was a wonderful perfect Thanksgiving. Our hearts and tummies are full.

I have one more thing to be grateful for. Right now. You know what it is? You all know what it is!

Elastic!

Yup- in the sweats right now. May not take them off all day!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Look- I found a 2 year old Thanksgiving thread!! I look forward to reading the whole thing later. Couldn't find the 2006 thread- will keep looking.

Happy reminiscing to you all----:love:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:clap:...I'll read it later. But, it's a good one to bring back, because I was out picking up pecans in the backyard with the cold winds blowing in (and making the pecans fall like little bombs) and thought...this is something to be thankful for! :D

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I sooooooo remember this thread!! Thanks for bringing it back! I'm gonna read it now because I'm stuck here at the office waiting for a dinner I have to go to at 6:00. I do remember the cornbread though...:D

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I'm thankful that I have wonderful friends and family to celebrate Thanksgiving with and the resources to go always* go home for the holidays. :D

*when I am on the same continent

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I try to share my gift. ;-)

Our MS just showed up about an hour ago for Thanksgiving. His contribution to the meal, a 24 pack of Miller Light! Lord, I love that child!!!!!! :funn::funn::funn:

:funn:I LOVED THIS!!!!!!

I went back and read this whole thread. Thank you again jdarg. While I was reading it, I thought to myself.....and now she is there permantely. :love::wave:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
On the small scale, I'm thankful to have internet at my house. On the big scale, I am very thankful to know many wonderful people and pets who I call my friends and family. I am also thankful that I am in good health and able to do so many things.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
:clap:...I'll read it later. But, it's a good one to bring back, because I was out picking up pecans in the backyard with the cold winds blowing in (and making the pecans fall like little bombs) and thought...this is something to be thankful for! :D

Miss K, please share your wisdom on how you find picking up pecans to be something to be thankful for as I need the inspiration. We have 2 large trees in our yard and I despise dealing with them. Share your wisdom, please.