• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Ok, the seller really, really needs to sell this lot. In all of you SoWal folks opinion, do you think if she lowered the price one last time to $250,000, would there be any interest? As always, we appreciate everyone's feedback.

Seems to me that lots in many places along 30A are generally selling (the few that are selling) in the range of 2003/2004 prices. Given that prices in the vicinity of this Surfside lot were selling in the low $100's back then, maybe you should lower the price to $150k or so to leave yourself a little bit of wiggle room for negotiation. That would still produce a profit on this particular piece of property of 300% plus. I don't think you would get a nibble at anywhere near $250k even though the lot is almost a half acre.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
In all of you SoWal folks opinion, do you think if she lowered the price one last time to $250,000, would there be any interest? As always, we appreciate everyone's feedback.

No, I think it will take getting the price down to about $165K-175K would be more realistic in terms of getting an offer.

You mention that there would be a $8,000 charge for the paving of the roads. That would seem very cheap for the entire subdivision. Do you mean that $8K is per lot owner?

sberry123

Beach Comber
Mar 5, 2006
Emotion happens and will continue to happen, the same way a parent who is disciplining a child will always still love that child, but isn't gushing with sentiment while they discipline.
Yes, sometimes it doesn't work out in a transaction and one moves on, and in real estate today easily may find something else.
Friends of mine made out better in their Sowal purchases, others didn't.
Someone on this Board, oh, it was Shelly :lol:, said to buy memorable experiences. That's what I did. I bought a lifestyle I never imagined, lifelong friends, great memories, some headaches along the way too,
My point is you just can't put a price tag on everything.

Looking up a home sellers cost basis is like sneaking around someones underwear drawer.

Why is there even a discussion on emotion? If you want to sell, the market is the market is the market. Get with a reputable auction company and
"getter done!" :bang:

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
No, I think it will take getting the price down to about $165K-175K would be more realistic in terms of getting an offer.

You mention that there would be a $8,000 charge for the paving of the roads. That would seem very cheap for the entire subdivision. Do you mean that $8K is per lot owner?

Thanks SJ. As we understand things, the $8,000 would be per lot owner. And at one time, it was explained to us as $800 a year per owner for 10 years. However, we are trying to get verification on this and as soon as we have a solid answer, we will post it.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Seems to me that lots in many places along 30A are generally selling (the few that are selling) in the range of 2003/2004 prices. Given that prices in the vicinity of this Surfside lot were selling in the low $100's back then, maybe you should lower the price to $150k or so to leave yourself a little bit of wiggle room for negotiation. That would still produce a profit on this particular piece of property of 300% plus. I don't think you would get a nibble at anywhere near $250k even though the lot is almost a half acre.

Fisher, you make a good point - thanks for your input. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of years.

amw

Beach Comber
Jun 12, 2007
Any update on the road paving situation? They really are in bad shape. Any possibility of this becoming a gated community?

What about the best beach access points? I don't believe there is deeded
access - let me know if I'm wrong.

lifesabeach

Beach Lover
May 16, 2006
BMB
I have not heard anything recently about the road paving. Some issue with the HOA not being currently registered with the State that needed to be resolved was the last info I got
Dont really think that becoming gated will happen, but there's very little traffic in the neighborhood anyway.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Any update on the road paving situation? They really are in bad shape. Any possibility of this becoming a gated community?

What about the best beach access points? I don't believe there is deeded
access - let me know if I'm wrong.

AMW -

Thanks for your post. The latest update we have on the road-paving is that it is on hold because of some issues with the HOA. It is our understanding that unanimous consent from all the property owners would be needed to make forward progress. Unfortunately we don't have much more than that to share. The roads are a little rough in the Pines but it's a wonderful location with large enough lots for some privacy. Haven't heard anything about it becoming a gated community but personally we don't see that happening.

As far as beach access points -- you would have the Blue Mountain Beach access just to the east of you and located at the southern end of County Road 83 in Blue Mountain. Then to the west, your access would be the Gulfview Heights beach access which is located behind Goatfeathers (west) Restaurant on County Hwy. 30-A. There is no deeded beach access that we are aware of.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
I have not heard anything recently about the road paving. Some issue with the HOA not being currently registered with the State that needed to be resolved was the last info I got
Dont really think that becoming gated will happen, but there's very little traffic in the neighborhood anyway.

Hey LifesABeach,

Thanks for your post too and for sharing the info -- we appreciate it and have heard basically the same information.