• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Ice skating in Florida- yay! Kate and I did a test skate at Baytowne yesterday. They have a portable rink set up inside of a tent. It is located near the outdoor stage area- you can't miss it. No broken bones.:blink:

Thanksgiving week hours are 2-10 pm, $6 to skate, and $2 for skate rental. Not many people had their own skates, and the rental skates are functional, but you won't look like a figure skater.:lol:

A store employee that I spoke to told me that will be going on through NYE, but Baytowne is trying to work out a way to keep it up through February. The problem is a symphony show on NYE, so they probably need the space occupied by the rink.

It was weird seeing people ice skate in shorts and t-shirts!

http://www.baytownewharf.com/events.asp

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Ice skating in Florida- yay! Kate and I did a test skate at Baytowne yesterday. They have a portable rink set up inside of a tent. It is located near the outdoor stage area- you can't miss it. No broken bones.:blink:

Thanksgiving week hours are 2-10 pm, $6 to skate, and $2 for skate rental. Not many people had their own skates, and the rental skates are functional, but you won't look like a figure skater.:lol:

A store employee that I spoke to told me that will be going on through NYE, but Baytowne is trying to work out a way to keep it up through February. The problem is a symphony show on NYE, so they probably need the space occupied by the rink.

It was weird seeing people ice skate in shorts and t-shirts!

http://www.baytownewharf.com/events.asp

Well if I can't look like a figure skater ... then to HAIL with it!
Actually...I don't even know how to ice skate...but I DO like watching others!

Glad You & Kate had fun :wave:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
For the last few years, they have set up an ice-skating tent in Ft Walton Beach. I guess Sandestin decided to help get people to shop in the otherwise deserted Baytowne. I never go to Baytowne due to the out of sight out of mind thing, and the out of sight prices. Maybe the convention business during the off season will help out the shops and restaurants in Baytowne.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
OMG! I am so going, if only so I can say I once went ice skating outdoors in Florida!

Do they have walls on the rink? In true scooterbug fashion I can skate backwards, but always forget how to stop/brake. :funn:

scrltbegonya

Beach Fanatic
Dec 14, 2005
SRB
a group of us had been talking about going one nite, but i stopped by last week and the rink is super tiny. if about six of us adult sized folk went, we would dominate the entire rink.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
a group of us had been talking about going one nite, but i stopped by last week and the rink is super tiny. if about six of us adult sized folk went, we would dominate the entire rink.

Yeah, it's pretty small, but it is pretty funny to ice skate in Florida!

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
If any of you ever venture to Pensacola for an Ice Pilots game, they have public skating sessions after the game on the Ice Pilots' ice. It's fun and cheap. Makes for a good night of entertainment...

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
I never go to Baytowne due to the out of sight out of mind thing, and the out of sight prices. Maybe the convention business during the off season will help out the shops and restaurants in Baytowne.

You are missing out. I LOVE Baytowne. Toys and Treasures is my favorite toy store ever, and the playground rocks my socks.