• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
:wave:Not so shocked...not so much caring either.:dunno: I'm getting word from many in the southeast that Tubbs is going back home. Western division whore.:funn:

You don't care? Don't care that the greatest coach in Auburn history might make a lateral move?

If it makes any difference, all the Arkansas media outlets that reported this last night as a "done deal" are starting to back off a bit. The reporting was premature, bordering on irresponsible. I understand Tubs is pretty ticked off about it.

I honestly never believed he was leaving and won't believe it until I see him standing behind a podium in Fayettenam.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Rutgers @ Louisville
Fresno State @ New Mexico State
Miami(Ohio) @ Central Michigan
Navy @ Army
Tulsa @ Central Florida
Florida Atlantic @ Troy
Oregon State @ Oregon
UCLA @ Southern Cal
Arizona @ Arizona State
Boston College vs Virginia Tech (ACC title game in Jacksonville)
Missouri vs Oklahoma (Big XII title game in San Antonio)
LSU vs Tennessee (SEC title game in Atlanta)

Sorry Auburn buddy, we're winding down and I just don't know about Oregon State and Tennessee.

I understand, I had a rough one last week and with family ties to the Big Orange I had to go with them.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
You don't care? Don't care that the greatest coach in Auburn history might make a lateral move?

If it makes any difference, all the Arkansas media outlets that reported this last night as a "done deal" are starting to back off a bit. The reporting was premature, bordering on irresponsible. I understand Tubs is pretty ticked off about it.

I honestly never believed he was leaving and won't believe it until I see him standing behind a podium in Fayettenam.

I mean I care, but I'm not losing sleep over it. I think Auburn would take it really personally, and I think it's a pretty dick move. But it's like he's had this in his back pocket. Who knows...we'll see. My dad left me a message saying don't be suprised.

But he also referred to the Brombergs ads as "life lessons". Did you happen to catch those in the paper before the Iron Bowl?

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006

Media outlets being irresponsible and broadcasting done deals before their done, who would have thunk it. :D For once ;-), I agree with you completely especially after your experience this past year.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I mean I care, but I'm not losing sleep over it. I think Auburn would take it really personally, and I think it's a pretty dick move. But it's like he's had this in his back pocket. Who knows...we'll see. My dad left me a message saying don't be suprised.

But he also referred to the Brombergs ads as "life lessons". Did you happen to catch those in the paper before the Iron Bowl?

I heard about the Brombergs ads and was pretty surprised...particularly since Frank Bromberg is a former UA BOT member. I'm in marketing and one thing you learn as an undergrad is you NEVER divide your customer base. Brombergs did just that.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Media outlets being irresponsible and broadcasting done deals before their done, who would have thunk it. :D For once ;-), I agree with you completely especially after your experience this past year.

Two words: Jimmy Sexton. He's behind all of it.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006

It wouldn't surprise me at all especially while he's trying to drive up the cash and length of time of the Auburn offer.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
"According to a source, three people have got together the money necessary to buy Tommy Tuberville out of his contract. I know there have been a lot people linking Jerry Jones to this, but this particular source would not name him or any others. It is also unknown as to whether or not the buyout has been lowered from $6 million.

Another name through a different source linked to all this is David Griffin, a businessman out of Helena who is said to be hunting with Tuberville this weekend. No indication as to whether or not he is one of the three involved in raising money for the buyout, but he too has deep pockets and has been heavily linked with trying to get Tuberville to Arkansas. The two are longtime friends.

Again, no source confirmed that any of these two men were confirmed to be involved in the trio getting together money for the buyout, but their names have been floating around a lot recently in connection with Tuberville through various sources. The first source, close to the program, did say three unknown men were involved in getting money together. There is also no guarantee, according to the first source that Tuberville will accept the buyout to go to Arkansas.

There have been reports that it may cost $31.5 million in salary over 10 years to get Tuberville out of Auburn, provided his demands at Auburn are not met through a new contract. Combined with the 6 million in buyout money, that puts a price tag over $37 million."

That's a lot of moohla....

Regarding Tubby: Some things to think about.

1. Kimmi says it's a "dick move". Memories are short, but not Tubbies. Remember, just a few years ago, there was a large coup attempt by BOT/Big Time Boosters to boot him. He still has those enemies. By staying with AU now after this....would be suicide Unless he has a golden parachute.
2. Tubby has about 10 years left before he is interested in retirement. Based on everything going on....he won't last 10 years with AU and would have to seek options in the next couple of years, possibly for less money. The Arkansas move would give him that last coaching position with the retirement plan.
3. Tubby wanted to come to Arkansas 10 years ago and had a done deal until the HDN players got involved. Now, all of those players are paying through the nose to make this happen.
4. Tubby is from Arkansas and has expressed several times that he would like to go home and be with all of his family again.

Now stating that....If AU meets his requirement of a major golden parachute, full control of football and he knows his life there is probably short...then he may stay. BUT, I think that he has peed in his Wheaties and that the AU powers will never forgive him....but they had it coming based on what they have done to him in the past....Payback....

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal

Sexton is about as foxy as they get....He is a genious at playing both sides. A few years ago, HDN was a done deal to go to Nebraska. Nebraska actually had their jet on the field in Fayettenam and HDN was about to board it, when Arkansas countered meeting Sexton's demands and the rest is history...

Wouldn't surprise me if we see the same soap opera happen with Tubby..

Status
Not open for further replies.