• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Miss Kitty, I hope you went with Fresno State, thank goodness they held on and won or I would be 0-2 after the game tonight. I was spared that.

Thanks LadyD...I did pick'em Fresno St. WHEW is right! :wave:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I don't think Skunky really thinks Tennessee will beat LSU or even has any chance of it. They were just showing on ESPN the other night that Erik Ainge doesn't play well against LSU. And LSU is starting Ryan Perrilloux, he is probably better than Matt Flynn.

I'm not pulling your buckskin clad leg, LadyD. Consider:

This game means nothing to LSU, they wanted to win the NC, so they will be amotivated.

UT was eliminated from serious NC consideration in week 1 when Cal thumped them. They have been fighting all season for this game.

LSU's defense has surrendered somewhere near 1000 yards the last two games, half from the SEC cellar dweller and half from a team that has a woeful starting QB. UT's offense is on a roll and is way more balanced than either Arkie or Ole Miss could dream of being.

Flynn is hurt. Perriloux has played sparingly and is not a go-to guy right now.

Everyone in the Georgia Dome knows Les Miles will probably be working out a deal to go to Michigan about 4 hours after the game is over. Do players play hard for coaches that are bailing on them?

Everyone in the Georgia Dome knows Bo Pelini will probably be working out a deal to go to Nebraska about 4 hours after the game is over. Do players play hard for coaches that are bailing on them?

The only thing LSU has going for them is that Tennessee seems to lay more eggs in big games than any other program in the SEC. I can't explain it, but it wouldn't shock me if Fulmer, Chavis et al manage to compose a stinky game plan. One thing is for sure-it will be very ugly for the losing coaching staff after this game.

My prediction-Tennessee 31 LSU 27

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Miles to Michigan seems to be all but done. Looks like Pelini is taking the Nebraska job. Too many distractions for LSU, coupled with key injuries. But LSU is still clearly the more talented team. I still like LSU to win.

BTW, I'm hearing Jack Del Rio for the LSU gig. Another name that's a little more "out there".....Steve Spurrier.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Miles to Michigan seems to be all but done. Looks like Pelini is taking the Nebraska job. Too many distractions for LSU, coupled with key injuries. But LSU is still clearly the more talented team. I still like LSU to win.

BTW, I'm hearing Jack Del Rio for the LSU gig. Another name that's a little more "out there".....Steve Spurrier.

Last night Nick Saban was spotted having dinner with Skip Bertman in Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport. Meanwhile Spurrier was spotted giving the Country Club of Louisiana's links a test drive. Ah, the rumor mill.

Seriously, I am hearing that this will be Gary Crowton's team by the end of the week. On an interim basis, anyway.

I would select Mangino from Kansas because he would look like the McDonald's Grimace monster dressed in purple:clap:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
I'm not pulling your buckskin clad leg, LadyD. Consider:

This game means nothing to LSU, they wanted to win the NC, so they will be amotivated.

UT was eliminated from serious NC consideration in week 1 when Cal thumped them. They have been fighting all season for this game.

LSU's defense has surrendered somewhere near 1000 yards the last two games, half from the SEC cellar dweller and half from a team that has a woeful starting QB. UT's offense is on a roll and is way more balanced than either Arkie or Ole Miss could dream of being.

Flynn is hurt. Perriloux has played sparingly and is not a go-to guy right now.

Everyone in the Georgia Dome knows Les Miles will probably be working out a deal to go to Michigan about 4 hours after the game is over. Do players play hard for coaches that are bailing on them?

Everyone in the Georgia Dome knows Bo Pelini will probably be working out a deal to go to Nebraska about 4 hours after the game is over. Do players play hard for coaches that are bailing on them?

The only thing LSU has going for them is that Tennessee seems to lay more eggs in big games than any other program in the SEC. I can't explain it, but it wouldn't shock me if Fulmer, Chavis et al manage to compose a stinky game plan. One thing is for sure-it will be very ugly for the losing coaching staff after this game.

My prediction-Tennessee 31 LSU 27

Skunky, Tennessee is always ranked higher than they should be when football season starts. And Tennessee has had to battle back from behind to win the past two games. They lost a fairly good lead against Kentucky and almost lost the game. They did have around 470 yards total offense and Ainge threw for 7 touchdowns but that is rare.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Hmmmm, just heard that Miles just told LSU that he is staying and is having a press conferance at 1:50. This should shake things up a bit...

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Well I am not speculating anymore. If he really does have a press conference before the game and says he is staying and not leaving LSU might just come out sky-high. I might alter my pick:D

Status
Not open for further replies.