• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Let me just plan your evening. Have a nice early-ish dinner, see Tuna Christmas, laugh your rear off, walk outside for 5 minutes, compose yourself, walk back into the theater, grab a beer, and laugh your rear off again. :clap: Sounds like a great night!

Finally! Someone who will plan my evenings rather than me being the only one in my clan who takes this on. THANKS! :love:

So dumb this down for me, please. What's Tuna Christmas?

And back to the booze- is the Rep BYOB for both Tuna and the comedy thing after? A "Sneak YOB"? Do they serve any beverages? Or basically do you need to get juiced up before Tuna, during intermission and after the Comedy thing???

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Finally! Someone who will plan my evenings rather than me being the only one in my clan who takes this on. THANKS! :love:

So dumb this down for me, please. What's Tuna Christmas?

And back to the booze- is the Rep BYOB for both Tuna and the comedy thing after? A "Sneak YOB"? Do they serve any beverages? Or basically do you need to get juiced up before Tuna, during intermission and after the Comedy thing???

See this thread!

http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=17903&highlight=tuna+christmas

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
GeoWickey, Tuna Christmas is a great play, set in the town of Tuna, TX. Two people play the entire cast of about 25 characters. Every scene is hilarious. The play starts at 7:30pm, see other thread for dates. The comedy begins at 10pm on Friday and Saturday for the next two weekends, only. Tuna Christmas ends around 9:45pm, so don't go far between performances. You can purchase sodas, wine, beer, and usually coffee, at the REP (theatre), prior to the show and during intermission. Doors for the play open at 7pm. Be on time, because the doors shut when the play starts.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
GeoWickey, Tuna Christmas is a great play, set in the town of Tuna, TX. Two people play the entire cast of about 25 characters. Every scene is hilarious. The play starts at 7:30pm, see other thread for dates. The comedy begins at 10pm on Friday and Saturday for the next two weekends, only. Tuna Christmas ends around 9:45pm, so don't go far between performances. You can purchase sodas, wine, beer, and usually coffee, at the REP (theatre), prior to the show and during intermission. Doors for the play open at 7pm. Be on time, because the doors shut when the play starts.

Thx for the info! One more. Can you drink the odas, wine, beer, that you purchase prior to the show DURING the show?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Thx for the info! One more. Can you drink the odas, wine, beer, that you purchase prior to the show DURING the show?
absolutely. Get yourself a refill just prior to the start of the show, and don't knock over bottles and cups during the performance.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Then, there is always the AA meeting option. :blink:

Not an option for us because we don't have a drinking problem. Too many steps as well...
:lol:

Once we get past denial we will certainly look into it, though...

:clap:

All kidding aside, our nights out (which are few and far between with 2 little ones), especially around a holiday, involve drinking. And from personal experience, Comedy Clubs are a lot more fun (and funny) when there are drinks involved...

No disrepect intended to anyone in AA...

G

Last edited:

RepComic

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2007
Don't forget about the stand-up! Tell everyone about it! We've had a couple nights to workshop some new material so we're all ready for this weekend.

It starts right after Tuna, and it's only $10 at the door.

Awesome? I agree.

:D

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama

Is this a two for one...tuna and a comedy? Where is the Rep? Seaside?I was trying to find something to do for Friday...I was thinking this or wine bar...but since they serve wine....sounds like I just found it! It may be FUNN-FUNN-FUNN.