• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Thank you! I was wanting to see if it was a St. Joe firesale etc. because that number was crazy to me.

The notation I was looking for was: "Please do not use as a comp, this was a low sale from builder inventory."

BIG OUCH, it sold for $120 a square foot LESS than the listing price. :sosad:

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Last edited:

steyou

Beach Fanatic
Feb 20, 2007
Walton County
Actually, this was not my contract. I just keep up with happenings. Not my note either. I believe that some folks may say that it could certainly be used as a comp.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I am sure that people will or will not want to use it as a comp depending which side they are on, and other sellers are now saying "Thank you St. Joe, may I have another!" :blink:

Based on my math, they built that house for $31.70 a sqr ft. after you take out the lot costs.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Interesting note: "Please do not use as a comp, this was a low sale from builder's inventory." :roll:

J & T Investments is the builder--not! Can't believe they're still trying to manipulate the market...tsk, tsk, tsk.

(Contrats on your sale though.)
That particular note is not allowed, according to the MLS Rules.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I am sure that people will or will not want to use it as a comp depending which side they are on, and other sellers are now saying "Thank you St. Joe, may I have another!" :blink:

Based on my math, they built that house for $31.70 a sqr ft. after you take out the lot costs.
I happen to know the seller, J & T Investments, LLC, and your math is a bit off on the cost per sf, just a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit. I like the house, though. I could live in the carriage house.

Last edited:

heathernken

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2007
That note about not using it as a comp sounded a little like a prayer to a higher power, rather than a note in MLS. Must be an agent with a lot of listings!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You should see some of the notes which agents write, like: "good job Jane. Thanks for the smooth transaction." These notes are supposed to be factual information, rather than subjective, to inform other agents and appraisers of the transaction. Was the sale an arms' length sale? some correct examples might be: Seller paid for buyers closing costs and home was sold furnished, with the furniture estimated at $50,000 (truthfully, and furniture or cars being included in the sale, should be an outside contract), buyer paid cash for a quick close, etc.