• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I know you all LOVE me for bumping this thread! :roll:

BUT!!! I heard that Darrell Barnhill will be on Matt Christ's show on 30A Radio (107.1)and Matt plans to ask all about Blithe Spirit. Matt is asking for people to listen and call in with their questions. Tune in on Sunday morning at 11am. It should be interesting. :blink:

This should be interesting. :blink: Thanks for the heads up!

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
OOH! Be sure and give us out-of-towners a play-by-play!

My students are picking plays to read, and as soon as I told them Blithe Spirit was banned in SoWal, one of them snatched it right up! :lol:

Sometimes the best publicity is bad publicity!

Kase626

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2007
Seacrest Beach
Well, you can listen online at 30aradio.org.

Practices have started at the Rep, and it's been tons of funn so far! This is going to be a great show!!

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA

Practices have started at the Rep, and it's been tons of funn so far! This is going to be a great show!!

I gotta go to church so I can figure out why y'all are going to h3!! for reading that play...:dunno:

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider

Kase626,

Do you guys have an ITS group and if so what's your troupe number?

I'm judging one acts this Friday and duet acting on Saturday at the districts held at OWC.

We will have another reporter from the Herald there on Saturday and he'd like to do a special on you guys from SWHS, if you are attending.

Thanks,
AL

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I swear, this school play thing is like a zombie--it will never die.

http://ericlathrop.com/notld/

Maybe because it is important. Speaking of movies, I am still in shock over attending a school board meeting that was such a horror show.

Here is an update so people know what they are listening to on Matt's radio show.

Darrell Barnhill is one of the 2 school board members (the other was Sharon Roberts) that voted to completely ban Noel Coward's Blithe Spirit from the Walton County curriculum. This means no play and pull all copies from the library shelves. The vote was not just about the play at SWHS- it was a full ban vote. I can't think of many people that find book banning acceptable, and actually, it is down right scary. The other message sent by their votes was their clear support of the views of the religious right- it was almost like a gift to that huge church group in the audience at that school board meeting. Thankfully, they were outvoted by the other other 3 members (Wilkerson, Laird, Davis).

CORRECTION: Ms. Wilkerson's term is up this August (don't know if she is running for re-election or not).

Walton County School Board Website http://www.walton.k12.fl.us/

I look forward to hearing Matt's show. I know his questioning and comments will be intelligent, thoughtful, and tough.

Last edited:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Only Roberts' term is up this August (don't know if she is running for re-election or not).

Walton County School Board Website http://www.walton.k12.fl.us/

I look forward to hearing Matt's show. I know his questioning and comments will be intelligent, thoughtful, and tough.

Roberts was just elected at the time that Barnhill and Laird were re-elected. She will not be up until 2010. This August will see the seats that are up to be filled are Wilkerson, the Seat 1 member that includes eastern end of south Walton. This is seat goes all the way up to almost Hwy 90 and east of 331 and covers the area that I reside within, thus the reason I am seeking that seat also. The other one is Seat 4, Mark Davis, which covers west of 331 up to Hwy 90, Choctaw Beach/Freeport and outside DeFuniak Springs to Mossy Head. At this time Wilkerson has filed to seek re-election, Davis has not, but has indicated to me that he intends to run again.

Kase626

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2007
Seacrest Beach
Kase626,

Do you guys have an ITS group and if so what's your troupe number?

I'm judging one acts this Friday and duet acting on Saturday at the districts held at OWC.

We will have another reporter from the Herald there on Saturday and he'd like to do a special on you guys from SWHS, if you are attending.

Thanks,
AL

Hey AL,

I'm pretty sure we are troupe #7053. I'll check once I get to school and fix it if I'm wrong. Unfortunately, we will be attending the competiton as only spectators this year. We didn't have enough time to get anything ready for districts. But we will be there, supporting our fellow thespians on Friday & Saturday.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Roberts was just elected at the time that Barnhill and Laird were re-elected. She will not be up until 2010. This August will see the seats that are up to be filled are Wilkerson, the Seat 1 member that includes eastern end of south Walton. This is seat goes all the way up to almost Hwy 90 and east of 331 and covers the area that I reside within, thus the reason I am seeking that seat also. The other one is Seat 4, Mark Davis, which covers west of 331 up to Hwy 90, Choctaw Beach/Freeport and outside DeFuniak Springs to Mossy Head. At this time Wilkerson has filed to seek re-election, Davis has not, but has indicated to me that he intends to run again.

Thanks for the clarification- I had the female board members mixed up!! Sorry for the confusion. Although I wish I had been correct!:sosad: Two more years?????

Last edited: