• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
When did SHELLY (and any others who spoke up) first start predicting the "economic meltdown"? I saw his (her) posts when I joined in Dec 2006...

Oh SHEL-LY?

When did you know and when did you start saying so?

When I first read SHELLY's posts I thought I was reading something written by Chicken Little and although there was incredible wit, smarts and humor in them- I didn't take them seriously...

Until everything (s)he said came true...

:shock:

GW

RB1

Beach Lover
Feb 16, 2008
www.BeautifulBeach.com
I think the upcoming Panama City International Airport will certainly have an effect on the growth of our area, making investments in our area more solid than other resort destinations. Not only do we have the most beautiful beaches, but the airport will bring in European visitors, as well as those from the northeast, who never before were offered a direct flight into our area. In addition, the airport will serve as a hub, bringing in many who might never have thought about vacationing here. I believe a boom is more likely than a bubble because of the future airport.;-)

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
I think the upcoming Panama City International Airport will certainly have an effect on the growth of our area, making investments in our area more solid than other resort destinations. Not only do we have the most beautiful beaches, but the airport will bring in European visitors, as well as those from the northeast, who never before were offered a direct flight into our area. In addition, the airport will serve as a hub, bringing in many who might never have thought about vacationing here. I believe a boom is more likely than a bubble because of the future airport.;-)

Direct flights to PCB (the redneck Riviera with cool winter temps compared to South Florida) from Europe and the NE??? Orlando and Miami for sure--PCB not too likely.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
How many times will the dreaded ARMs adjust before the first load of speedo wearing Euros is delivered?;-)

:lolabove:...I am going to gather up the boatload of Euros in Mr. K's drawer and come buy some beach property!

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I've been watching House Hunters International, and they've been showing a lot of Spanish and Portugese vacation homes lately. Not sure how the weather is there in winter, but that area looks like it would be awesome in the summer- all kinds of charming coastal villages, beaches, interesting architecture, wonderful places to explore...

And that part of the world seemed very reasonably priced, even with the current exchange rate. Far more so than France or Italy would be.

RB1

Beach Lover
Feb 16, 2008
www.BeautifulBeach.com
More likely than you think - for Europeans our winter temps are very mild. And they get a lot more bang for their buck on our beach verses South Beach, etc. And Europeans are not necessarily snowbirds - France, for example, celebrates their "summer break" in August and for an entire month. If you go to Paris in August, you'll find it feels empty, other than the tourists. In October, schools are let out for a few weeks and families head out - perfect weather in our area for those Europeans who can't take the August heat. Believe it or not, the Panhandle doesn't have a "redneck" reputation in France. Most of them haven't even heard of our beach - but they will. I think of Field of Dreams when I think of the new airport - build it and they will come!