• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1st in 59

Beach Comber
Jan 22, 2006
If only the builder had stepped up to the plate over 2.5 years ago, made the repairs bad workmanship, whoever working under him doesn't matter, I would not be losing my life in 6 days.

Above was posted on the 10th? As SoWalGayBoi pointed out something's very fishy about this whole thread.:dunno:

Inflamation causes diabetes???:dunno:

Mold causes excruiating muscle pain???:dunno:

Voluminous updates

Perhaps Yippie's taking a lot of naive gullable people for a ride to try and bolster his/her case. Every now and then the courts are right.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Sorry for your trouble. Building inspectors are a good idea before buying. Good ones will even inspect behind siding.

It was a NEW home. A BRAND NEW HOME. After going through this, you could not pay me enough money to purchase a home that I was not on site every day.

This makes all builders jobs harder. When you get burned by someone, especially like this, then the good guys get hurt just as bad. It's like that in every business.

"So, Mr. New Builder, I have had a very bad experience with a builder who I thought had a good reputation, but he failed to perform up to his reputation. How do I know you would not do the same?"

Dishonesty hurts everyone involved. That's a fact and as far as I am concerned, all other builders should be pointing their fingers asking my builder why they are making their industry look like thugs.

Last edited:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Above was posted on the 10th? As SoWalGayBoi pointed out something's very fishy about this whole thread.:dunno:

Inflamation causes diabetes???:dunno:

Mold causes excruiating muscle pain???:dunno:

Voluminous updates

Perhaps Yippie's taking a lot of naive gullable people for a ride to try and bolster his/her case. Every now and then the courts are right.

You got it a little backwards.
Inflammation is a cause of type 2 diabetes.
Mold causes inflammation, especially in people who are allergic to mold.
I don't think muscles were mentioned, but nerve damage which is caused by diabetes.

.....06/17/02
New research presented at this year's Annual Meeting of the American Diabetes Association shows inflammation plays a pivotal role in the development of type 2 diabetes....

Google it.

Last edited:

margarita1

Beach Crab
Mar 19, 2008
I have multiple allergies but I'm glad the mold is not one. I feel so sorry for you.

How did you discover that you house wasn't built to code? I would have never thought to look under the siding. Did it get damaged in a hurricane or something? Wasn't there a LOT of storms in the early 2000's.

Last edited:

1st in 59

Beach Comber
Jan 22, 2006
You got it a little backwards.
Inflammation is a cause of type 2 diabetes.
Mold causes inflammation, especially in people who are allergic to mold.
I don't think muscles were mentioned, but nerve damage which is caused by diabetes.

.....06/17/02
New research presented at this year's Annual Meeting of the American Diabetes Association shows inflammation plays a pivotal role in the development of type 2 diabetes....

Google it.

OK, I did Google it. Did you miss this part in the same news release: "He points out that eating induces an inflammatory state in everyone. Normally, inflammation occurs for three or four hours after eating but will then taper off. Though people can't avoid eating, Dr. Dandona says they can avoid what and how much they eat. He says, "If people eat McDonald's-type meals every three or four hours, and many do, they spend most of their time in a pro-inflammatory state."

Have you also been eating for the last 2.5 years? I just think that taking the jump from mold causing inflamation, to inflamation causing diabetes, to diabetes causing neuropathy which causes excruiating pain is a pretty twisted trail. It sounds to me like someone trying to creatively bolster their damages. But that's just my opinion and you did say: "I will welcome any comments and answer any questions posted here."

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
OK, I did Google it. Did you miss this part in the same news release: "He points out that eating induces an inflammatory state in everyone. Normally, inflammation occurs for three or four hours after eating but will then taper off. Though people can't avoid eating, Dr. Dandona says they can avoid what and how much they eat. He says, "If people eat McDonald's-type meals every three or four hours, and many do, they spend most of their time in a pro-inflammatory state."

Have you also been eating for the last 2.5 years? I just think that taking the jump from mold causing inflamation, to inflamation causing diabetes, to diabetes causing neuropathy which causes excruiating pain is a pretty twisted trail. It sounds to me like someone trying to creatively bolster their damages. But that's just my opinion and you did say: "I will welcome any comments and answer any questions posted here."

And your medical degree is from where? I listen to my physicians. Do you know more than they know?

No, I didn't give up eating the last 2.5 years, but I don't eat McDonald's-type meals every three or four hour either. Now. go google Mold & Inflammation. Maybe add the word allergy to it.

Glad you figured out that muscle pain and neuropathy are not the same thing.

I respect your opinion, but wouldn't it be nice if they had fixed the house that was defectively built, against code and this entire thread would not exist.

Getting back to the basics is doing the right thing. They did not properly build my house and did not step up to the plate, accept their responsibilities and do the right thing.

Last edited:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
I have multiple allergies but I'm glad the mold is not one. I feel so sorry for you.

How did you discover that you house wasn't built to code? I would have never thought to look under the siding. Did it get damaged in a hurricane or something? Wasn't there a LOT of storms in the early 2000's.

I discovered the mold by the SMELL! Horrible smell. When we went to find and repair the mold, we took the siding off and discovered there was no moisture barrier. That is how the moisture got in part of the house that caused the mold.

I notified the builder of the smell, had he sent a crew over to investigate, he would have discovered it. It would have been much better if he had stepped up to the plate at that time instead of hiding behind the insurance company and letting the problem continue to worsen.

1st in 59

Beach Comber
Jan 22, 2006
And your medical degree is from where? I listen to my physicians. Do you know more than they know?

No, I didn't give up eating the last 2.5 years, but I don't eat McDonald's-type meals every three or four hour either. Now. go google Mold & Inflammation. Maybe add the word allergy to it.

Glad you figured out that muscle pain and neuropathy are not the same thing.

I respect your opinion, but wouldn't it be nice if they had fixed the house that was defectively built, against code and this entire thread would not exist.

Getting back to the basics is doing the right thing. They did not properly build my house and did not step up to the plate, accept their responsibilities and do the right thing.

OK, my last post on this topic. And I'll be frank. Something's screwy about your posts. For someone who was supposed to be dead 3 days ago, you're a very lively poster. If I had "6 days to live" as you posted 10 days ago, the last thing I would be doing is wasting my last moments on earth posting on SoWal. I like the site, but not that much. Second, I'm pretty certain I know who you are (court records aren't that hard to search). So how about you answer a few questions honestly in this open dialog that you've encouraged. Does your builder have any other dissatisfied clients or are you you the only one? I think he/she's been in business a long time. Seems like by now they would be rallying to your cause and falling over each other to trash him/her. I haven't seen a single other post from a dissatisfied customer, only people defending his/her reputation. Have you ever been involved or are you currently involved in any other litigation? Have you been involved in any disputes with neighbors or city/county/government officials?

Answer honestly, everyone's watching.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
1st in 59, you are assuming that good contractors don't make mistakes. Everyone, including myself, has made a mistake at some point in time. I don't know the builder or the homeowner, but to think that someone who has been in business for a long time and gets compliments from some people, cannot make a mistake, is bad math. I'm not saying the builder did mess up this particular build, but I am saying that it is possible for even good builders to screw it up on occasion.

sandybanks

Beach Fanatic
Mar 15, 2008
In a nice place
I know it may not help but I am truly sorry that you are going through this nightmare right now.

Thank you for this information and if you could, please tell me what to look for if I am going to have a house built in the near future so that I do not face the same type of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.