• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
Re: Introduce Yourself

:welcome: LeannC Wow you grew up in Eastern KY and you are a UofL fan. I thought everyone there bled blue. I love a free thinker! Welcome to the board :wave:

LeannC

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2007
Louisville, KY

:welcome: LeannC Wow you grew up in Eastern KY and you are a UofL fan. I thought everyone there bled blue. I love a free thinker! Welcome to the board :wave:

My husband and other Louisville pals deprogrammed me. I'll still pull for the Cats as long as they aren't playing against the Cards. Actually, there are so many people here in the 'Ville that attended UK, watching the games in groups can get pretty heated!

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005

My husband and other Louisville pals deprogrammed me. I'll still pull for the Cats as long as they aren't playing against the Cards. Actually, there are so many people here in the 'Ville that attended UK, watching the games in groups can get pretty heated!

I grew up here myself and I'm always amazed at the intense level of fan loyalty. It escapes me too although I have given alot of my money to UofL. Welcome to the board, visit the lounge sometime.

LeannC

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2007
Louisville, KY

Hey Cheering 472,

I have spent some time lurking in the lounge earlier today. Still learning the ropes, the peoples and the spats. There are some 'inerstin' discussions on here about politics, trolls, mold and so forth. I will definitely jump in once I get my sea legs. :clap: Go Cards!!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

Hey Cheering 472,

I have spent some time lurking in the lounge earlier today. Still learning the ropes, the peoples and the spats. There are some 'inerstin' discussions on here about politics, trolls, mold and so forth. I will definitely jump in once I get my sea legs. :clap: Go Cards!!

Next time you are in town, strike up a conversation with Virgil the produce guy at Watercolor Publix. RABID Cat fan!!:lol:

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for awhile. Finally registered to post.
Been coming to the area since 1994. The Red Bar could stay open REALLY late and had rock bands in the back room. And little shacks stood where the big houses are now. How things have changed.

We've owned a place in Seagrove since 2001. Married on Grayton Beach in 2003. Rehearsal dinner at D&K's. It was still open-air then. What a lovely night (before I got into a fight with my father-in-law-to-be. He's Greek. I'm Eastern KY. We're both opinionated.)

Our primary residence is in Louisville, Kentucky (U of L fans) and we usually make it down to SoWal about 3-4 times a year.

Happy to meet everyone! Cheers!
:welcome: LeannC! Where in Eastern KY? We spent 3 years in Jackson/Quicksand, KY.

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen

Hey Cheering 472,

Ick moldy trolls.
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome::wave:

LeannC

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2007
Louisville, KY

Hi Rita & Truffle Anne!

I'm originally from Corbin. Home of the Nibroc Festival (that's Corbin spelled backwards for those of you out of the loop). Aaaahh Jackson. That'd be near Shoulderblade and Noctor. I just love those names. Actually went on a few dates with a guy from Breathitt County back in EKU college days. Cannot remember his name now. Rita - I see we have a birthday in common. Go Gemini's.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach

Hi Rita & Truffle Anne!

I'm originally from Corbin. Home of the Nibroc Festival (that's Corbin spelled backwards for those of you out of the loop). Aaaahh Jackson. That'd be near Shoulderblade and Noctor. I just love those names. Actually went on a few dates with a guy from Breathitt County back in EKU college days. Cannot remember his name now. Rita - I see we have a birthday in common. Go Gemini's.

I'll try to remember that, but I often forget my birthday! :D