• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
He definitely can't get wet until the incisions heal. My 13 yo broke his elbow years ago and still took tennis lessons. He was riding his bike the next day. The no hard cast thing is killing us!!! And Walton schools are closed so he doesn't even have classes and homework to distract him.
In the past week he has blown through all of the legos, puzzles, games....I think he is now having a good time tormenting me, that has become his "something to do" :rotfl:

Time to whoop him at chess again and then play the Planet Earth game.
You guys should check this game out, it is an interactive DVD game, like Scene It, and it is based on the planet earth series.
Did you know that only 3% of the earth's water is fresh???

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Thanks for the suggestions, right now he is laying upside down on the couch, that'll keep him busy for 10 minutes.
He fell off the teeter totter, put his hand down to stop himself and broke both of the bones in his arm. Something so minor caused some major stuff. The doc put a rod in each bone to stabilize it while it heals Apparently this is SOP, not like when we were kids and they set it and if it grew back a little crooked, oh well. By the way, the docs and nurses at Sacred Heart are absolutely wonderful!!!!!
Actually, I forgot. My son has broken his arm 4 times! Because the ortho decided that after xraying it when it was time to remove the cast, it was slightly crooked. He just took that little skinny arm and snapped it. :eek: And then put another cast on. :bang:

I'm sorry to say but my son probably played lots and lots of Playstation to keep him from going crazy.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Nothing wrong with hours and hours of the video games when it is warranted. I just caved on the World of Warcraft deal. He will be busy for hours.

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
Sorry to hear about your son.

Sign him up with his own SoWal name. Lurking can be fun and before you know it hours have gone by! :cool:

That's what happens to me at work. Warning he needs to stay away from SWGB's birthday thread. He'll also learn all the names for hoo haa's on Punzeys thread. :clap: You can't buy education like this!

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Bad memories, Our 13 year old broke both arms at once snowboarding this time last year. One hard cast up to elbow, the other up to the shoulder. Once the hard casts were on the Doctor wanted him to keep them moving as much as possible. Fyi, they have great water tight cast covers at the drug stores that will slip right on and off for showering(even some pool time). No more trash bags and duct tape. Also, they have bendable utensils that work great for eating. It seemed like a disaster at the time. But 6-8 weeks after the casts were off, no activities were off limits. He actually had a pretty incredible football and basketball season this past year with no problems from the breaks.

Good Luck!!!!! It will go fast.....

Last edited:

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
OMG. What is it about WOW? My son is obsessed with it. And he's 17. :roll:

One of 35 yo friends is obsessed too. He says that WOW is great, kids can learn all about supply and demand, economics, planning, critical thinking, team work :rotfl:. This is all true to some extent but all I see is a big dude running through the woods being chased by various critters.

My favorite WOW interaction: "Honey, what are you doing."
"I lost my body and I can't find it, I just have to wander until I find my body." I don't get it:dunno:

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
One of 35 yo friends is obsessed too. He says that WOW is great, kids can learn all about supply and demand, economics, planning, critical thinking, team work :rotfl:. This is all true to some extent but all I see is a big dude running through the woods being chased by various critters.

"I lost my body and I can't find it, I just have to wander until I find my body." I don't get it:dunno:
:lolabove: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I even lurked on his computer when he was at school & saw where he is now a MODERATOR on WOW!! I mean, that's just too far into it. :lol:
(I guess there are worse things... )

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
That's what happens to me at work. Warning he needs to stay away from SWGB's birthday thread. He'll also learn all the names for hoo haa's on Punzeys thread. :clap: You can't buy education like this!

:lolabove:Sam asks me every now and then if she can join and I keep putting her off.:D

Too funny.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Bad memories, Our 13 year old broke both arms at once snowboarding this time last year. One hard cast up to elbow, the other up to the shoulder. Once the hard casts were on the Doctor wanted him to keep them moving as much as possible. Fyi, they have great water tight cast covers at the drug stores that will slip right on and off for showering(even some pool time). No more trash bags and duct tape. Also, they have bendable utensils that work great for eating. It seemed like a disaster at the time. But 6-8 weeks after the casts were off, no activities were off limits. He actually had a pretty incredible football and basketball season this past year with no problems from the breaks.

Good Luck!!!!! It will go fast.....
wow. :shock:

It is amazing how pliable those bones are at a young age. Even with this arm broken 4 times, my son still plays his cello just fine today. Even when he had the casts on.