• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Hop, you know the signs are easier to run over when they are in a big group.

Wile, is that big@ss Ron Paul sign still posted, south of the intersection of 331 and 98? It was up for almost a year, and started blending in with the scenery.

Anyone can file a written complaint to Code Enforcement for any violation, though I doubt they will enforce the campaign signs. If penalties were charged to candidates for sign violations, it would be too easy for Candidate X's opponent to rearrange and relocate Candidate X's signs, stirring much contraversy and hitting him or her in the pocketbook.

I have installed my campaign sign push bar and looking forward to crushing any roadside signs. I will use my turn signal just prior to pulling off the paved road, to warn drivers behind me. Bring on the signs.

Just had an idea for all those sign violating people who want to advertise their business in the tree tops along the roadside. We make some new signs that read, "sucks," "doesn't crappy work," "overcharges," etc and nail them to the tree, just below the other signs. I bet the owner himself comes out and removes the sign within three days.

BeachKing

Beach Lover
Oct 23, 2007
In Princeton NJ, where we once lived, they have an ordinance that requires the campaign to remove all signs within 48 hours of the election. I seem to remember there was a significant financial penalty if they failed to do so. My neighbor ran for elective office and I helped him the day after election day to gather up the signs. Do not remember what the fee was, but it did do the trick.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You don't sell them back. You stick them in the yards of their opponents, and start a feud. lol.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Have you guys seen the new kind that are just like printed plastic garbage bags fitted over a frame? I'm sure they are way cheaper and so I suspect that they will multiply by the hundreds.

It's a shame we can't restrict the materials used for political signs.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Jerry Clemmons (former mayor of Panama City) son used to pay Boy Scouts to remove the old campaign signs after an election. I think it was a dollar a sign and he donated it to the Boy Scouts.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Have you guys seen the new kind that are just like printed plastic garbage bags fitted over a frame? I'm sure they are way cheaper and so I suspect that they will multiply by the hundreds.

Perfect! Political garbage. :clap: Should make clean up easier, with the signs being garbage bags.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida

Yeah, they are cheaper, and they blow off the frame when the wind blows. Then they become just like a plastic grocery bag littering the roadside. At least the corrugated ones generally stay put.