• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Had a Sheriff's deputy pass me the other day with 2 signs in my hands walking back to the vehicle. I waved and he waved back.

3280 is clean as a pin, 331 from 3280 to 331 is clean and 20 from 79 to 3280 is clean.

Will look at 283 tomorrow.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
A expandable tree pruner works well. Gives you quite a reach and collapses to a small size.

Are the signs on 283 current or a prior campaign like the one on 395 ?

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
To Wile
I am a Law enforcment officer in Walton County and what you are telling the fine citizens of this county is to commit THEFT. Here is the Florida statute.

812.014 Theft.--
(1) A person commits theft if he or she knowingly obtains or uses, or endeavors to obtain or to use, the property of another with intent to, either temporarily or permanently:
(a) Deprive the other person of a right to the property or a benefit from the property.
(b) Appropriate the property to his or her own use or to the use of any person not entitled to the use of the property.

I agree that there are ordinances concerning this matter but a private citizan cannot legally take these signs. This is the road department and code enforcements job. In short the signs are not yours. Didnt your mother teach you not to steal. Shame Shame.

Where in Florida Statute does it give more rights to the road department or code enforcement officers than it does to ordinary citizens? If a person throws a can out on the road and I go and pick it up, that is theft? Maybe that person intended to return and get that can.

I guess the TDC is committing massive amounts of theft on a daily basis then.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
A expandable tree pruner works well. Gives you quite a reach and collapses to a small size.

Are the signs on 283 current or a prior campaign like the one on 395 ?
Wear eye protection if you are going to do that. I hope their sign doesn't bop you on the head. You may have a good case for a lawsuit.

Sorry, those signs I mention are not campaign signs. They are business signs, but I just lump them all together. They are all litter.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
With the proliferation of various type signs, there is a greater and greater tendency to move them closer to the road so they will stand out from the clutter. I saw a new one this morning on 30-a advertising a house rental that was right up against the roadway. Where are our code enforcement, etc. when they see this type of thing. It's not only illegal but unsafe if someone isn't watching and swerves off the road.
We need another coordinated effort against this like with the BBS's

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
With the proliferation of various type signs, there is a greater and greater tendency to move them closer to the road so they will stand out from the clutter. I saw a new one this morning on 30-a advertising a house rental that was right up against the roadway. Where are our code enforcement, etc. when they see this type of thing. It's not only illegal but unsafe if someone isn't watching and swerves off the road.
We need another coordinated effort against this like with the BBS's

Call 622-0000 and complain.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Re: Stop The Bloom !

Hmm - How about Supt. of Education ?

;-)[/quote]
Which shouldn't be an elected position in the first place. The superintendent should be hired by the school board for a more efficient operation of the school system.