• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
speaking of tall ladders, I haven't noticed any tall ladders in the backs of the Code Enforcement F150s. If they really plan on taking a somewhat proactive stance on upholding the Code, maybe they need at least on tall ladder. Or, they could simply take the business name and phone number off the sign, and issue a daily fine until the signs are removed. That way, they don't even need a ladder.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
speaking of tall ladders, I haven't noticed any tall ladders in the backs of the Code Enforcement F150s. If they really plan on taking a somewhat proactive stance on upholding the Code, maybe they need at least on tall ladder. Or, they could simply take the business name and phone number off the sign, and issue a daily fine until the signs are removed. That way, they don't even need a ladder.

I do not believe that they have gone proactive yet. But I do think that someone is working on Saturdays. Not sure if they are taking complaints or just working their open cases. They must be resolving some stuff, two months in a row nothing has come to the code board to handle. Seems everything is settling and coming into compliance.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Exactly what does code enforcement do when they're not answering a call? Polish the $$ vehicles? :dunno:

Apparently they can't act unless someone reports something so unless I am REALLY missing something there is a lot of wasted time.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
wrobert, obviously, you haven't been riding on the Timpoochie Trail lately. There are Code violations all over the place.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Exactly what does code enforcement do when they're not answering a call? Polish the $$ vehicles? :dunno:

Apparently they can't act unless someone reports something so unless I am REALLY missing something there is a lot of wasted time.
I bet they hire someone else to wash the shiny maxed out F150s. Maybe we should start calling them to report each of the sign violations. :dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
And not just on the trail ........

My understanding is that since they're not proactive, even though there are blatant code violations all over, they can't do anything until they get a call ;-)

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com

They must be actively working with people. The last two cases that came to the board were about a year in the making.