• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Interesting that Comm Brannon is mentioned as being AWOL from the local meetings, because the day of the TDC brainstorming meeting with the fiasco of locking people out, was the day that Comm Brannon was in Tallahassee, with three other Commissioners, meeting with our Congressmen about getting funding for four-laning hwy 331. The Commissioners have hired a lobbyist (or lobbyist firm) to help push our County's needs to the forefront. I give the County Commissioners hell for a lot of valid reasons, but I commend them on trying to direct State and Federal money to Walton County. I do think they are doing a good job with that. (I still give Comm Brannon two thumbs down for missing the other two meetings, but that is not at issue with the Hwy 331 funding.)

Red Dawg

Beach Lover
Feb 14, 2008
SoWal
I'm offended; that guy in the cartoon is supposed to be from SOWAL but he doesn't even have a polo player or crocodile on his shirt? Sheesh, he looks kind of NORWAL in that cheap shirt;-)

I am both a Sowal and Norwal, and the fact that you even mentioned the kind of shirt the CARTOON has on shows what a snob you are. Didn't you know us norwal folks only wear white t-shirts or overalls, got to run one of the christmas lights on the front of my trailer has burned out and got to be replaced.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Lots of classy folks in Nowal. I am also a part time resident there and full time in Sowal. The shirt comment may have been meant to be funny, but with the climate with the south vs the north, I think was in poor taste. Give me a nowal neighbor anytime!!!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I'm offended; that guy in the cartoon is supposed to be from SOWAL but he doesn't even have a polo player or crocodile on his shirt? Sheesh, he looks kind of NORWAL in that cheap shirt;-)

You sure do know how to ruffle some feathers Skunky. :wave:

Junebug88

Beach Crab
Apr 9, 2008

Offended? Since you were offended, you decided to offend everyone in Norwal as well?

You?re obviously an ?implant? to Sowal as a ?true local? does not have that type of mentality. People like you are the ones who give Sowal residents a bad rep. Perhaps you should relocate to Okaloosa where the people with no class live.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I am both a Sowal and Norwal, and the fact that you even mentioned the kind of shirt the CARTOON has on shows what a snob you are. Didn't you know us norwal folks only wear white t-shirts or overalls, got to run one of the christmas lights on the front of my trailer has burned out and got to be replaced.

Better to go shirtless and show off the tatoos:D

You sure do know how to ruffle some feathers Skunky. :wave:

Tapping the glass, as somebody put it:lol:
Offended? Since you were offended, you decided to offend everyone in Norwal as well?

You?re obviously an ?implant? to Sowal as a ?true local? does not have that type of mentality. People like you are the ones who give Sowal residents a bad rep. Perhaps you should relocate to Okaloosa where the people with no class live.

I thought the true locals were marched off to Oklahoma:welcome:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Skunky, those were locals and natives, whom were forced to walk through the winter to OK. Anyone who lives in SoWal is a local. Being a native is another thing. www.dictionary.com is a good source for definitions.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

Calm down Jonah.