• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

keithj621

Beach Comber
Oct 6, 2008
Please join local bands in a walk from Grayton Corners to Salty Dog Saloon to save The Music in South Walton. The walk will be held on Sunday, October 12th at 4:00 pm.

Old Salty Dog

Beach Comber
May 27, 2008
Save The Music
Oct. 12th @ 4PM
Grayton Corners

Join Hubba Hubba, Dread Clampitt, The WaCo Ramblers, Moseley Brown Band, The Mossy Head Boyz, Old-Bull Young Bull, Coconut Radio, The Steenos, Sweater Puppets, Green Hit, Chronic Jester, Hellalujah, Spindletree, and other local musicians in a peaceful protest for our right to play music, and support our lives & families. We will walk from Pandora's parking lot to Salty Dog Saloon along the bike path of 30-A. Bring your protest signs and instruments and join
"THE LOST WAGES MARCHING BAND"
Although this may not solve the problem, it will make people aware that we are tired of being shut out of our jobs & places of entertainment.

Danny Burns

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
Why and how are these bands being shut out of jobs and places of entertainment? Is it because the clubs only want copy songs instead of original material? We all know why this is being done, but maybe there should be certain nights of the week/month set aside to specifically promote original songs. I would be willing to help with this kind of effort if this is the case. My wife and I have 30+ years of music business experience in Los Angeles and Nashville that might help. Maybe you just need some fresh ideas to serve your cause? I am full of it...them...ideas! You need to make a living, but so do the club owners. Would a middle aged guy (like I'm going to live to 112) with fresh ideas and vast negotiating experience add to or detract from the mix? Creating a united effort may be more productive than :bang:or a simple march. PM me if anyone is interested.

Old Salty Dog

Beach Comber
May 27, 2008
We are commited to original music here @ Salty Dog Saloon
The majority of these bands mentioned above play all original music.
If you wanna help, show up for the march, sign the petition, spread the word.

Thanks for the feedback & words of advice
we love you, all
keep fighting the good fight

http://www.myspace.com/saltydogsaloonrules

Last edited:

Redd

Beach Fanatic
May 7, 2007
Why and how are these bands being shut out of jobs and places of entertainment? Is it because the clubs only want copy songs instead of original material? .

analogman its nothing to do with the type of music its to do with recent noise ordinance "enforcement" at places such as Pandoras and Salty Dog

Cops are the point of enforcement but apparantly dont carry noise meters to measure the "noise" from the complainents house or business

I will be there with bells on........

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
analogman its nothing to do with the type of music its to do with recent noise ordinance "enforcement" at places such as Pandoras and Salty Dog

Cops are the point of enforcement but apparantly dont carry noise meters to measure the "noise" from the complainents house or business

I will be there with bells on........

Thank you- I wasn't aware that this was going on.:sosad: I love this Lost Wages Marching Band!:clap: