• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
busy campaigning? Isn't posting critical information on SoWal.com also campaigning? It could be much more productive and efficient use of time rather than going door to door.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
One of the benefits of posting here should be the comparisons that many are able to draw from postings by both candidates. That has not happened here. His opponent in the election has failed to even post an intro on this site.

What has he not posted that is critical in this process in the past?

Door to door campaigning works my friend as the candidate is able to look a potential supporter in the eyes and answer their questions. Many voters in Walton County do not even know this site exists and many avoid it because they see it leaning very far to the left of center.

I would hope in the future forums that elicit an exchange between candidates and their viewpoints on issues would grow. Sure would be cheaper and save many trees.

Last edited:

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
. His opponent in the election has failed to even post an intro on this site.

Door to door campaigning works my friend as the candidate is able to look a potential supporter in the eyes and answer their questions.

Failed? Possibly chosen not to for the same reason robert may not be posting here today.

30ARosie

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2008
Rosemary Beach
The only thing I said was that he is normally quick to post on here, and I haven't seen him in a while... not sure what inference you were talking about, I thought it was pretty self explanatory.

I believe this thread was started back on the 16th and since then there have been some specific questions asked of him regarding his campaign that I think we deserve an answer on.

I find it funny that you want me to email him, but he can't respond to us here... maybe if someone sees him out door to door they can tell him we are waiting on his answers on SoWal.

I find it interesting that you would infer something from his posting pattern,

He does post here alot. Mildred has never posted on this site.

Robert is 10 days from an election. He is busy campaigning I guess.

You can email him at wrobertnelson@gmail.com.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I am sorry if you inferred that I was asking you to email wrobert. Just simply gave his email address for those that might want to correspond with him. He probably monitors that due to his business.

I am well aware of this questionnaire and have known about it for quite awhile- I really don't care how a candidate answers a public school board questionnaire put out by a Christian coalition. All candidates should have thrown it in the garbage. Most of the questions were pretty funny. Ms. Wilkerson's answers (or nonanswers) were perfect.

So- did you write the questions?:dunno:

Are you infering something negative about Crimsonclay with the statement
" So-did you write the questions?" Negative attacks are not supposed to happen here.:nono1:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Are you infering something negative about Crimsonclay with the statement
" So-did you write the questions?" Negative attacks are not supposed to happen here.:nono1:

Nope -just curious since Crimsonclay seemed to really like that questionnaire!:lol:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Bob, you don't have to defend door to door campaigning as a valid way to contact potential voters. No one has contested that. I stated that posting responses on SoWal was a more efficient means of campaigning. Left-leaning or center-leaning, I would think that politicians would want to be able to lure all voters, regardless of which side they lean towards. I would, if I was running.

crimsonclay

Beach Comber
Mar 20, 2008
Nope -just curious since Crimsonclay seemed to really like that questionnaire!:lol:

Yes, I did like that questionnaire as did lots of other Walton County voters. I was just using it as an example of her indecisiveness. It let me know that Mrs. Wilkerson either doesn't have the same beliefs on some issues as I do or she is afraid to answer them. I thought this of several candidates in the local races and none of them received my vote in the end. It wasn't the only basis of any of my decisions though, just merely an extra tool to help me make my decision.

I do not dislike Mrs. Wilkerson I just think she isn't the best choice for our School Board.

I have two children in our school system, one in high school and one in elementary school and the school board is an important race for me. My children's education is a big deal to me and I know that Robert Nelson will make the best and wisest choices for the school children of Walton County. He shares my views and knows how to get things done the right way as well as understands how the school board and business model works.

ShallowsFuzz

Beach Lover
Dec 26, 2006
Point Washington
I have known and voted for Mrs. Wilkerson for many years and she is a wonderful person, but it is time for a change. I voted the other day and voted for Robert Nelson, who I think will and do a good job for our school system.

Status
Not open for further replies.