• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose Anna

Beach Comber
Jan 7, 2008
Blue Mountain
I wish that people would quit calling the pi?ata a non-issue. When a candidate for the school board participates in what to outside observer is a mock lynching and sees nothing wrong with it be it out of his insensitivity, his ignorance or, God forbid, his racism, IT IS AN ISSUE. Wrobert may not be a racist, but after all this it is up to him to prove that he is not. At the very least he should apologize to those he has offended. Having his lieutenants continue the delusion that the pi?ata is a non-issue perpetuates the notion that it was at a minimum an act of insensitivity and at worst an intentional racist act. It also reflects poorly on their racial sensitivity.

No matter what the story it shows a lack of good judgment.

I am not sure whether I am most offended by the initial act, or the continued attempts to defend what has been revealed by this thread as a despicable action. Initial ignorance of the appearance of the act is no longer a defense to anyone who has read this thread.

It is time to come clean Robert. Act like the leader you claim yourself to be and remove the doubt. Show the children whose your future you wish to shape what commendable behavior looks like and what a sincere apology sounds like.

Hiding and pandering are not behaviors typically attributed to leaders.

Last edited:

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
RA your post is a disgrace to this site and represents the worst side of Politics. Shame on you and those that have thanked you for "throwing gasoline on a raging fire".

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I am choosing to look on the bright side - at least there is interest in the school board race. Most voters ignore school board stuff.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I wish that people would quit calling the pi?ata a non-issue. When a candidate for the school board participates in what to outside observer is a mock lynching and sees nothing wrong with it be it out of his insensitivity, his ignorance or, God forbid, his racism, IT IS AN ISSUE. Wrobert may not be a racist, but after all this it is up to him to prove that he is not. At the very least he should apologize to those he has offended. Having his lieutenants continue the delusion that the pi?ata is a non-issue perpetuates the notion that it was at a minimum an act of insensitivity and at worst an intentional racist act. It also reflects poorly on their racial sensitivity.

I am not sure whether I am most offended by the initial act, or the continued attempts to defend what has been revealed by this thread as a despicable action. Initial ignorance of the appearance of the act is no longer a defense to anyone who has read this thread.

It is time to come clean Robert. Act like the leader you claim yourself to be and remove the doubt. Show the children whose your future you wish to shape what commendable behavior looks like and what a sincere apology sounds like.

You are out of line on this one. Personal attacks are not allowed on SoWal.com. If Robert was a pinata, you would have just busted him wide open.

It never entered the picture that the pinata was about race. I hope that your views aren't shared by others in the community. I think the objections are simply about disrespecting a presidentail candidate. I don't like to see our leaders disrespected, but I've seen worse from both candidate's own campaigns.

Whichever candidate wins, I imagine we are going to see all kinds of offensive and idiotic stuff in this country. We should not buy into it, and in most cases treat those who do it like children. Outrage, or mock outrage will only serve to elevate the offenders.

crimsonclay

Beach Comber
Mar 20, 2008
***Complete garbage and nonsense***

Wow, Rose, Wow! Are you actually grabbing for straws so desperately that you are attributing a pinata to racism? You have really got to be kidding!!! What an ignorant post. Wow!

You should be banned from this site for such blatant, demeaning, and unnecessary attacks of Robert Nelson or any other person that you spew this uneducated garbage towards. That kind of stuff is completely uncalled for and you are the type of person that makes this country and world such an awful place.

This country would be so much farther along in the race relations if it were not for people like you spouting off about things they have no clue about.

I hope you are going around to birthday parties and slandering little kids that are hitting pinata's of sombreros (that would be racist against Mexicans) or Hello Kitty (that would be animal cruelty). Get real and pick better issues to focus on.

I will report your post as abuse because it is abusive and it is a personal attack on a person here in these forums.

If this post gets me banned or kicked off this forum then so be it but I had to say this to you because it was so unnecessary and uncalled for.

A pinata is a pinata, get over it!!

Rose Anna

Beach Comber
Jan 7, 2008
Blue Mountain
You are out of line on this one. Personal attacks are not allowed on SoWal.com. If Robert was a pinata, you would have just busted him wide open.

It never entered the picture that the pinata was about race. I hope that your views aren't shared by others in the community. I think the objections are simply about disrespecting a presidential candidate. I don't like to see our leaders disrespected, but I've seen worse from both candidate's own campaigns.

Whichever candidate wins, I imagine we are going to see all kinds of offensive and idiotic stuff in this country. We should not buy into it, and in most cases treat those who do it like children. Outrage, or mock outrage will only serve to elevate the offenders.

I am sorry that it came off as a personal attack. It was my understanding that political figures are fair game. I do not think that Robert intentionally did a racist act. I think that it was most likely a thoughtless act of insensitivity.

The office for which he is running is responsible for guiding our grandchildren and children, a position for which sensitivity should be at its highest, IMO.

In reading the posts on this thread I have been outraged by the brushing over of something that I find high offensive, I am sorry that my outrage spilled over too much into my post.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
RA your post is a disgrace to this site and represents the worst side of Politics. Shame on you and those that have thanked you for "throwing gasoline on a raging fire".

it is obviously a raging topic for those who seem to be defending it, and to those who may not have seen it before yesterday, ie RA. Looks like robert lost another voter. some apparently find it more offensive than others, and others will blindly defend it to the end, possibly those who have their heads so far up in their...clouds. what's done is done. one of a list of miscalculations. indeed 65% may actually vote for robert and he will be one step closer to the BCC, but it looks like 35% will watching closely. things seem to be heating up quite well.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
To thank someone for intimating that someone is a racist is truly sad. To stomp your feet and demand that someone prove that they are not is childish at best.

To then say that they believe that Political Figures are "fair game" is quite revealing of a persons true character.

There are many words that can be used that should be used very thoughtfully with a sensitivity to the harm they cause justified or not.

Defending a word used when "outraged" is shallow at best.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
interested girl, you're right. i should have quoted the part below instead. nice new avitar. ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.