• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I thought the pinata w/ photo was humorous, but could definitely see how it could be misinterpreted/offensive to some. For many voters/posters it wasn't THE defining issue, but just another in a string of perceived bad judgment calls or different beliefs.

Of course Robert isn't responding to your comments - the level of rudeness, innuendo, and bile in your posts makes that a bad idea on both a political and personal level.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
My sincere thanks to Mark, Bob, Kurt and SB44 for a most informative and useful thread on Walton's school system and Florida's FCAT. To many others I can only say, "Take a hike". (See Scooterbug 44's above post if you don't understand)

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Not a better quote at all - just more childish demands. Dave Lovell was also in the picture. He is the head of parks and recreation board. Does he need to appologize - do his actions disqualify him from service?

Get real.

PS - I am making quite a hefty sum selling these avatar t-shirts.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Not a better quote at all - just more childish demands. Dave Lovell was also in the picture. He is the head of parks and recreation board. Does he need to appologize - do his actions disqualify him from service?

Get real.

PS - I am making quite a hefty sum selling these avatar t-shirts.

it's not better or worse, it's a portion of the same.

you sold three? ;-)

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
One More Try

I openly admit that I support Robert Nelson for the Schhol Board position. That being said I made a real attempt to change the direction that this thread had taken on Sunday. The goal was to try to return the discussion to the real questions concerning the education of our children and grandchildren.

Obviously I failed.

This really should stop in everyones best interest. Interested Girl and everyone else needs to take a deep breath and spend a day doing something besides throwing grenades at each other. It really has turned into a sad commentary on the real divisions in our society.

In the end one will win and one will loose, but at what cost to this community.

Just my thoughts.

crimsonclay

Beach Comber
Mar 20, 2008
I openly admit that I support Robert Nelson for the Schhol Board position. That being said I made a real attempt to change the direction that this thread had taken on Sunday. The goal was to try to return the discussion to the real questions concerning the education of our children and grandchildren.

Obviously I failed.

This really should stop in everyones best interest. Interested Girl and everyone else needs to take a deep breath and spend a day doing something besides throwing grenades at each other. It really has turned into a sad commentary on the real divisions in our society.

In the end one will win and one will loose, but at what cost to this community.

Just my thoughts.

I will take you up on that Bob! No more grenades or return grenades from me in this thread. You are right on will win and one will lose and we will all have to find a way to be supportive of the candidate regardless of which it is for the sake of the children in our county.

Status
Not open for further replies.