• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jychf

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2008
SRB
What do you think about a.......

Wood grilled amberjack slider with orange-jalapeno "barbecue" sauce, red onion relish and avocado-chayote slaw

Thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc..?

I know it's been done and it may be even a little passe but,
I'm working on a small project and figured what better place to test ideas than Sowal.com, a great foodie community. Thanks in advance for your feedback/input.

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
anything with the words jalapenos, red onions, avocados, bbq and wood grilled sounds good to me. :D

Last edited:

Danny Burns

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
What do you think about a.......

Wood grilled amberjack slider with orange-jalapeno "barbecue" sauce, red onion relish and avocado-chayote slaw

Thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc..?

I know it's been done and it may be even a little passe but,
I'm working on a small project and figured what better place to test ideas than Sowal.com, a great foodie community. Thanks in advance for your feedback/input.

Is this an invitation? If so, the answer is YES!!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Sounds wonderful, is the avacado incorporated into the dressing?

We just need that time and place to be posted. :drool:

Jychf

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2008
SRB
Yes, the avocado is the base of the dressing for the slaw. Thank you all for the input. I'll let you know tomorrow the when and where...Thanks again everyone.

Jychf

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2008
SRB
So here's the scoop......
the restaurant I work with is going to be a part of the Blues, Brews and BBQ shindig down at the harborwalk village tomorrow and we had to figure a way to work the seafood/bbq thing so that we would " fit in" so to speak. We did a few test runs today and it came out great. The bbq sauce and slaw could be a meal alone but add the rest and it's great. After Sunday though, you will be able to have one for lunch, the larger size regular sandwich, at MFM for about the next five days.
Thanks again for everyone's input, it gave me some confidence in what I was trying to achieve.
We'll do this again next time....:clap: