• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
We have a citizen/neighbor who has to sue his own Local Government. The rest of us have to pay the County's legal bills no matter what and ultimately another settlement if the citizen prevails.

They don't have to sue. They should take a step back and realize that trying to push a condominium at Jolly Bay is simply ridiculous, and not at all neighborly when all of the neighbors oppose it.

They don't have to sue. They should take a step back and realize that trying to push a condominium at Jolly Bay is simply ridiculous, and not at all neighborly when all of the neighbors oppose it.

I have some property I want to develop. How can I show you my plans prior to submitting for the Development Order so I can get your thoughts on what I should do?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I have some property I want to develop. How can I show you my plans prior to submitting for the Development Order so I can get your thoughts on what I should do?

That depends. Are you wondering how you can get neighbors' thoughts, or the County's. Also, when you say "prior to submitting for the DO," do you mean to the Planning Dept, Planning Commission, or the BCC?

waltonco lover

Beach Fanatic
Aug 18, 2008
My thought: They knew the project wouldn't get approved the whole time so they planned the whole time to sue, for money, not approval.

Does anyone care about compatibility anymore?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
...and, it might be said that it took two years to get rejected because lawyers get paid by the hour.

sometime

Beach Crab
May 20, 2008
There could be another one in the pipeline. Private meetings with the staff and planning Director, put another developer in one direction and then would not stand behind their position in a public forum..stay tuned!

waltonco lover

Beach Fanatic
Aug 18, 2008
Im sure in this economy there will be several people beginning to sue the county, still doesn't mean any of them have any merit.