• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Noplacelikehome,
According to the testimony given by Planning Staff, there was no misleading of the applicants. Did you actually attend the meetings? What about the meetings, prior to the BCC meetings?

I'm not sure what you mean by saying that I believe the BCC is untouchable. Care to elaborate? The BCC finally DID follow the rules. In what way do you say they didn't?

What property rights were taken from these people? Is the Walton County Land Use Code stealing rights from people?

So, which one of the applicants or applicant's representatives are you?
That is exactly the question I had. It is obvious NPLH does not have the first inkling regarding proper planning and growth.:bang:

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
With you being an realtor, it would be a person like you to only gain from a project that would enhance the area. Why would the commission turn anything down in a "down" economy.

Though you weren't addressing me with this post, please don't assume that someone puts their livelihood ahead of being a citizen & neighbor. I'm a Realtor, too, but have opposed plenty of development proposals that I felt were not desirable or appropriate.

And, similarly, the commissioners should always say "no" to a bad idea, regardless of the state of the economy. Suggesting they should say "yes" to any development because of slow times is so short-sighted (at best).

Do I have the chronology correct or incorrect. I thought the Developer planned a tall building that was within the height ordinance for that area and that the County proposed and approved a height restriction after the submittal.

Was there a height restriction in place when the Developer designed the building?

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
So if I wanted to open a strip club next to your business and there was no code preventing me from doing so you wouldn't want the BCC to listen to the surrounding businesses/home owners as to their opinion of that business opening.

Not a problem. Before I bought my home and my business I looked into the codes to see what could be done around me so that this could not become a problem in the future. One of those GOP traits I have......we call it personal responsibility.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I think the county should haft to pay everyone who had their rights removed from or resend the ordinance for their properties.

Under Bert Harris it would appear you need to move forward with your project and see if the regulations actually prevent you from doing it. You do not just get money because of what you might have done, you actually have to be damaged to recover damages.

Althea

Beach Comber
Sep 10, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
In looking up rural village in the Comp. Plan and the Land development code, many districts in Walton County require a compatibility study done before you can go the Technical review board, but Rural Village does not. The report from Walton Co. staff submitted to the TRC for the Aug. 1st 2007 meeting states in writing no compatibility study required.

In looking up rural village in the Comp. Plan and the Land development code, many districts in Walton County require a compatibility study done before you can go the Technical review board, but Rural Village does not. The report from Walton Co. staff submitted to the TRC for the Aug. 1st 2007 meeting states in writing no compatibility study required.

What say you SmilingJoe?

Did the County rush a height ordinance through after this project was presented?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
aabsolute, if this is such a concern for you, where were you during the last year when all of this was being hashed out? I didn't see you at any of the meetings. Perhaps you wrote emails to the BCC, presenting your evidence as to why this should be approved. Is that the case?

If you want to have input in this gov't, it will go further if it is given prior to final decisions being made. So many people say they don't have time to get involved, and I respect that, but it is all about priorities. If it is important enough, you will show up.

aabsolute, if this is such a concern for you, where were you during the last year when all of this was being hashed out? I didn't see you at any of the meetings. Perhaps you wrote emails to the BCC, presenting your evidence as to why this should be approved. Is that the case?

If you want to have input in this gov't, it will go further if it is given prior to final decisions being made. So many people say they don't have time to get involved, and I respect that, but it is all about priorities. If it is important enough, you will show up.

Once again, no answer to a clear, direct and simple question from me to you. Instead you deflect.