• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I do not know why not. That seems to be the way it works in the Florida legislature. After you get a judgment you then have to hire a lobbyist to get a claims bill passed. Unless you are Charlie Crist, then you just have someone write a check.
That's good to know!

Dragnet - Forgive me for being so insensitive as to think we should fund medical care and education before emptying the kitty for lawsuit payouts. I call it focusing on priorities, you call it changing the rules.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
It is funny how a Height Limit NOB was passed faster than and other thing the county goverment has done in a while. It was not like they did not know about as Mr. Brannon has been talking about one since he was put in office by the builders. Must of not been any one who wonted a highrise helped him.

You have missed all the planning commission and county commission meetings where it was talked about both before Scott was elected and after.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You have missed all the planning commission and county commission meetings where it was talked about both before Scott was elected and after.

So are you suggesting that height limits NOB (north of the Bay) wasn't quickly rammed through as a reaction to this project, as has been suggested by others?

Dragnet

Beach Comber
Dec 25, 2008
Now you are getting it. Welcome:welcome: to Walton County!

Seen a little quote in the Fort Walton Daily news this morning page A7. "If it meets our code requirements, we're compelled to recommend it be approved" Terry Jernigan, planning manager, Okaloosa County.:yikes: What country does he think he lives in?

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Seen a little quote in the Fort Walton Daily news this morning page A7. "If it meets our code requirements, we're compelled to recommend it be approved" Terry Jernigan, planning manager, Okaloosa County.:yikes: What country does he think he lives in?

That must be some sort of violation!:D I have a property on Mitchell Street that the county has allowed a duplex and a single family home on. I have 3 sewer connections (which my money was taken on) and I have three separate meter boxes (which my money was taken on). The property is located on 1 acre. I recently have tried to split the property and was told I can not do this because of the zoning. What puzzles me is why they allowed the 3 units on the property in the first place. They continue to take my money and when I purchased the property was told splitting would be no big deal because they approved the 3 units to begin with.:bang:Hello!? Another note, splits have occured in the same hood at least 3 times that I know of.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

You put an extra "r" in county, if you want any hideous building approved (see Destin skyline) then go buy some bay front property in Okaloosa.

Creeklover

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2007
At least they follow the rules. Then leave it up to the BCC to make the call. Then it would be the BCC defending the actions in court and not the employees.

Dragnet

Beach Comber
Dec 25, 2008
ANOTHER Bert J Harris claim against our beloved Walton county commissioners, next Tuesday, BCC meeting; property rights are property rights! Just some counties in this country respect property rights of the taxpayer, some counties just try to run right over them. Kind like a "good ol boy" system of government.:trainwreck:

Last edited:
ANOTHER Bert J Harris claim against our beloved Walton county commissioners, next Tuesday, BCC meeting; property rights are property rights! Just some counties in this country respect property rights of the taxpayer, some counties just try to run right over them. Kind like a "good ol boy" system of government.:trainwreck:

Easy does it. I'm trying to make some progress on getting favor with the good ol' boys. I understand that once you're in it's like knowing the President.