• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Lot splits may be possible if zoning allows for it. ( I think the property also is required to be in Flood Zone X -- 7ft or more above sea-level.) Bobby's property doesn't allow for smaller lots, per the plat, except for this one exception to the rule.

Is that the one time family split which have been done but no one then abides by.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
egg-zachery! The County gives rules about the splits, but has failed to follow up and enforce any of them.

Dragnet

Beach Comber
Dec 25, 2008
ANOTHER Bert J Harris claim against our beloved Walton county commissioners, next Tuesday, BCC meeting; property rights are property rights! Just some counties in this country respect property rights of the taxpayer, some counties just try to run right over them. Kind like a "good ol boy" system of government.:trainwreck:

Anyone heard the scoop on why the county is getting sued again? :bang:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Much easier to sit around and gripe instead of actually going out and trying to fix things?

Much easier to sit at home and shoot yourself in the foot than run all over the county to do it.

I noticed your diplomacy. Thanks for not pushing me in front of a speeding bus. You must be a politician or somethin'...

The latter of those choices.

Looks like Camping on the Gulf feels they have been wronged by Walton County as well.:yikes:

Anyone heard the scoop on why the county is getting sued again? :bang:

Have you heard about Okaloosa and Destin teaming up to create an ordinance to stop an adult business after the fact? You against that and for titty bars or is just high rises you fight for?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Last year, a topless joint in GA was purchased for a couple million $$$ because the local gov't tried to shut them down, saying that they didn't want that type of activity. The Court ruled that the dancers were not being allowed freedom of expression, to dance topless, so the club was allowed to continue in the topless biz. The local gov't decided that they would rid the area of topless businesses by buying the place. I wonder how many other topless joints are opening up in that little town, hoping to be bought out. Case law is showing that gov't cannot refuse the rights of women to dance topless.

Creeklover

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2007
I feel that if the property zoning allowes a Adult Bussiness in that area then it should be approved. Just because some one does not like it is not a reason for them to not approve it. I think Politian?s try to impose their views on us and not what the rules are most of the time..

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I feel that if the property zoning allowes a Adult Bussiness in that area then it should be approved. Just because some one does not like it is not a reason for them to not approve it. I think Politian?s try to impose their views on us and not what the rules are most of the time..

From what I see it is not their views but the views of what they perceive are those of the voting masses.

Last year, a topless joint in GA was purchased for a couple million $$$ because the local gov't tried to shut them down, saying that they didn't want that type of activity. The Court ruled that the dancers were not being allowed freedom of expression, to dance topless, so the club was allowed to continue in the topless biz. The local gov't decided that they would rid the area of topless businesses by buying the place. I wonder how many other topless joints are opening up in that little town, hoping to be bought out. Case law is showing that gov't cannot refuse the rights of women to dance topless.

I think most men like to see naked women and some women don't mind obliging. Seems fair enough.