• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Tom Hanks got his break on Bosum Buddies a little while later. (I'm of the age that I remember watching Bosum Buddies and Benson in first run, but only got the jokes in Soap many years later when it was in syndication)

cheesehead

Beach Lover
Jul 28, 2008
30a
I heard, not to long ago, the reason it's not going to be completed is, he pays taxes on a $5,000,000 constuction loan and not $30,000,000 when completed. Must be nice. It is quite the home. Hope they have an open house someday.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
somebody earlier in the thread mentioned that the house was being painted another color besides white. was it beige? anyone have any pictures of this?

The original intent was that the home would blend into the beach from the sky. Then folks started putting something other than the original color of beach sand back onto the beaches for re-nourishment and whala....he has to change the color of his home to blend to the new beach color. It's just a thought. :lol:

I heard, not to long ago, the reason it's not going to be completed is, he pays taxes on a $5,000,000 constuction loan and not $30,000,000 when completed. Must be nice. It is quite the home. Hope they have an open house someday.

I would love to know who said that. Sowal locals and their stories amaze me every time. How on earth does that even make sense?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I can't believe you would stoop so low as to refer to that home as possibly beige. You still receiving TV signal from '79 and watching "SOAP" at your crib?

That would be quite the miracle as I was born in '80. :D

See below.

I would love to know who said that. Sowal locals and their stories amaze me every time. How on earth does that even make sense?

The fact that anyone thinks that Charlie Hilton has a loan to build that thing is beyond me. Why pay interest when you can pay cash? If you look it up it's currently worth almost 4 million and last year was magically worth almost 6 million. Guess he doesn't have quite the pull in Walton county as he did in Bay county with Barnett.

organizer

Beach Comber
Feb 4, 2009
In Northern Virginia
local architecture

I went exploring today thru Scenic 30-A. As we were driving thru Watercolor, Seaside, Rosemary Beach. I noticed incredible house on the water side/ocean that is being constructed.

What type/kind of home is that? Any details?

Thanks.